Need help with blue Crazy Colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairloverr

Reaction score
Hi geeks I need some help with this client, she have coloured her hair herself with crazy colour blue and it's been like 4-5 weeks and hasn't fade much at all.

I have done strand test to see how easy it would be to remove it, I have done one with pastel and one with 6% and both has gone greenish

And she her hair is pretty long, so bleaching with 9% wouldn't be the best idea I guess.

Let me know if any of you has come across with this. Thanks a lot.

What shampoo is she using? She needs to use a deep cleanse shampoo, that should shift it a bit more. Sounds like she left it on for to long, and the cuticle has been permanently stained :/

Bleach wont get rid of this

What outcome is she after?

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

What outcome is she after?

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

She was blonde before so she still want to be blonde. If possible

If you put baking soda with shampoo and make a paste and rub sections between your hands it will help but it will take forever and you should charge at least 4 hrs time to just get rid of blue. Plus a couple bleach and shampoo pastes with deep conditioning in between services.

Depending on the condition and how green it looks, you could probably cover it with a level 7/8. I don't think anything higher will cover.

Lightly Bleach bath it first to remove some of the green and use a red based semi to tone/neutralise it.

Then cover with a 7 or 8. Beware that if you use an ashy 8, it will enhance the green.

You can try highlighting next time if the condition allows but warn your client not to expect platinum. :rolleyes:

I always tell blondes to stay away from blue if they wanna go back blonde after! My cousin did the same and ignored my advice, then had to fix it for her for a job interview! The mint green tone is such a pain to remove. I have to just removed adore aquamarine from my own full head bleach and counteracted the green stain by going a bright red orange, as it helps to neutralise the tone, and as it fades it pulls the green out with it. However, this isnt for everyone obviously :p if she is into crazy colours and alternative hair then using an orange/red semi for a month or two is the easiest way, as orange is sooo much easier to bleach bath out than blue. If not, as suggested you will have to neutralise the tone then cover it. It is likely that the green tone will show through after fade the first time round though.

Absolute nightmare to remove and impossible to go blonde:( my daughter had the same! We gave up in the end - I put on a 6.6 then after 3 weeks a 6.7 then started the highlighting process again x

Hi guys!!! I was looking through your comments the other day as I used some pink, blue and purple semi permanent to 'dip dye' my daughters hair for the summer.... Now to get it out!!! Tried bleach bath - fail! Seemed to make the colour come back to life believe it or not.... After googling, stressing and feeling gutted that she may have to have it cut out, I had a thought..... I mixed up a chlorine formula from out hot tub kit, placed my daughters hair into a bowl of my mixture and the colour has gone!!! Yay! Only had to leave it in for 10 mins but not good at all for your hands, their hair and don't get it anywhere near their scalp!! Hope this maybe helps anyone else? This was before x x x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409509495.704702.jpg

Latest posts

Back