Need major advice - enamel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisylover01

Reaction score
Alright, first off, my salon uses SpaRitual. I do not mind the polish when the bottle is new. But after a few short uses I feel it gets goopy and thick. I dont have my heart set on 1 line, I just want a polish line that works. I also think SpaRitual has no "play", if you want to call it that. With OPI, I could use 3 single swipes. Sometimes even just 2 depending on size of the nail. And if needed, I could go over the nail for atleast 2 or 3 strokes if needed. Not at ALL with SpaRitual. Once you apply, theres no going over.

Thats my first question, has anyone experienced that as well?

My 2nd question is about combining lines. At my salon we are experimenting with Creatives UV ProFinish. We are using Scrub Fresh, 2 coats of SPARITUAL polish, UV ProFinish, letting it penetrate nail for 3 mins, then into ProFinish light. We have had every person experience chipping and peeling within a day, if not hours. A very very very helpful tech support worker at Creative told me it was ok that we were using SpaRitual polish, as long as we were using everything else in a system. (all Creative prep work and top coat) Once the nails are finished they are hard, shiny and gorgeous... but for only 6-12 hrs.

Im wondering what is going wrong? Anyone familiar with Creatives ProFinish line and SpaRitual?

Alright, first off, my salon uses SpaRitual. I do not mind the polish when the bottle is new. But after a few short uses I feel it gets goopy and thick. I dont have my heart set on 1 line, I just want a polish line that works. I also think SpaRitual has no "play", if you want to call it that. With OPI, I could use 3 single swipes. Sometimes even just 2 depending on size of the nail. And if needed, I could go over the nail for atleast 2 or 3 strokes if needed. Not at ALL with SpaRitual. Once you apply, theres no going over.

Thats my first question, has anyone experienced that as well?

My 2nd question is about combining lines. At my salon we are experimenting with Creatives UV ProFinish. We are using Scrub Fresh, 2 coats of SPARITUAL polish, UV ProFinish, letting it penetrate nail for 3 mins, then into ProFinish light. We have had every person experience chipping and peeling within a day, if not hours. A very very very helpful tech support worker at Creative told me it was ok that we were using SpaRitual polish, as long as we were using everything else in a system. (all Creative prep work and top coat) Once the nails are finished they are hard, shiny and gorgeous... but for only 6-12 hrs.

Im wondering what is going wrong? Anyone familiar with Creatives ProFinish line and SpaRitual?

I have never had a chipping problem when using Pro Finish but I do use CND enamels. I do know others who use other brands of enamel with Pro Finish who have never complained of chipping.

I can't comment on spa ritual as I have never used it but maybe the consistency of the polish that you described is adding to the chipping later on? Perhaps it s on the brittle side rather than nice and flexible?

Very possible. But we have just thrown away all the old polishes and have replaced them in the past week that we have been trying this. And Ive seen a bit more peeling off COMPLETELY rather than chipping. And that leads me to believe its the prep work. We used to only use pure acetone to remove lotion, oils from the nail before we painted. But like I mentioned before, we have just started experimenting with Scrub Fresh now. Maybe the pure acetone wasnt taking off enough of the lotion and natural oils causing it to peel off completely?

not sure I understood it right...

does the same problem happen when you use Scrubfresh or not?
I don't know the process with UV ProFinish, could it be that is has to be applied on a dried enamel and yours isn't?

and finally, why don't you switch to the same brand lol...?
this way if you have the same issue it's easier to find the cause with only one brand, so one ppl?

I wish we would change brands. The owner would like to stick with SpaRitual though. Thats why Im trying to figure out what exactly is going wrong. Prep work? Different brand polish? Maybe just the Spa Ritual?

And we just started using Scrub Fresh in our process. I havent heard any feedback from people yet. Its hard to use myself and other nail techs in this trial because we work with so much product on our hands/nails. And even when we wear gloves,our polish chips from all the moisture trapped in the glove for 8 hrs.

I wouldn't doubt the quality of CND's products.

but I haven't personnaly checked or tried Spa Ritual so cannot say if they're any good.

Latest posts

Back