Need some advice o

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jungle

Reaction score
Hi I’m a qualified hair stylist but don’t really practice it anymore.
I recently had my hair coloured, I usually have highlights but because I am going slightly grey at the front we opted for a full head.
Blondor & 4% was used but it has gone so white I hate it’s gone lighter on the roots than lengths & ends.
I toned it with CT 7/89 & 8/81 but it’s just washed out which I feel my hair has been compromised now, it’s all split.

Attachments

• 7AB8FCB8-1CA2-41FB-9F7A-4C52ED47C3C6.jpeg
    7AB8FCB8-1CA2-41FB-9F7A-4C52ED47C3C6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
I’m looking to be a base 9, looking at 8/81 silver grey, any advice appreciated for some formulas using wella

Hi I’m a qualified hair stylist but don’t really practice it anymore.
I recently had my hair coloured, I usually have highlights but because I am going slightly grey at the front we opted for a full head.
Blondor & 4% was used but it has gone so white I hate it’s gone lighter on the roots than lengths & ends.
I toned it with CT 7/89 & 8/81 but it’s just washed out which I feel my hair has been compromised now, it’s all split.
It looks as though you have banding of a level 8. If you're putting 8/81 over a level 8 you won't get a true to tone colour.
When using colour touch you need to deep cleanse the hair first. Then apply to towel dried hair with 1.9% developer for up to 20mins. Add in a small amount of 9/16 gives an extra element of silver.

@ronray
It looks as though you have banding of a level 8. If you're putting 8/81 over a level 8 you won't get a true to tone colour.
When using colour touch you need to deep cleanse the hair first. Then apply to towel dried hair with 1.9% developer for up to 20mins. Add in a small amount of 9/16 gives an extra element of silver.
My roots have been coloured using blondor & they are really white compared to the rest of the hair, I’d rather darken the root area @ronray xx

Thanks for reply @ronray.
I’m not very experienced, I only know the basics but not sure what to put on my root area, not sure if it’ll grab & stay put.
I just want to get rid of the brightness on the root area to blend in with the lengths & ends without compromising my hair.
it’s not in the best of conditions now xx

I toned with 7/89 & 8/81 to blend in the banding, I left it 10 mins but I wish I’d left it on longer now as it’s just washed out.

Attachments

• D19EE386-CB8D-43D8-A4C8-63957E941567.jpeg
    D19EE386-CB8D-43D8-A4C8-63957E941567.jpeg
    646.8 KB · Views: 32
I toned with 7/89 & 8/81 to blend in the banding, I left it 10 mins but I wish I’d left it on longer now as it’s just washed out.
How did you mix it? With what developer and did you apply to dry or damp hair?

I applied to damp hair, mixed 7/89 & 8/81 together with 1.9% 1:2 ratio

I thought the toner had to be same level or darker @ronray, I am I right in thinking that.
Is that a good combination to take away the brightness, what would u suggest, thank you xx

I’m gonna apply the Olaplex treatment no1 & no2 as I think it needs it xx

I thought the toner had to be same level or darker @ronray, I am I right in thinking that.
Is that a good combination to take away the brightness, what would u suggest, thank you xx
It does but 9/16 in colour touch is heavily pigmented. So if you use 7/89+ 8/81 as your base and just add say around 5g 9/16 it will keep it dark enough.

It does but 9/16 in colour touch is heavily pigmented. So if you use 7/89+ 8/81 as your base and just add say around 5g 9/16 it will keep it dark enough.
What colour would that give me, silver grey? xx

What colour would that give me, silver grey? xx
It will.be very similar to what you achieved with your original 7/89+ 8/81 but by adding the extra violet you will achieve a cooler longer lasting colour because it will neutralise the yellow that you have still in your hair.
If you want a more natural looking tone add in 8/0 instead of 9/16.

It will.be very similar to what you achieved with your original 7/89+ 8/81 but by adding the extra violet you will achieve a cooler longer lasting colour because it will neutralise the yellow that you have still in your hair.
If you want a more natural looking tone add in 8/0 instead of 9/16.

I like this shade xx

Attachments

• 606B398A-4C85-49EA-A493-2DAF69EE09E1.jpeg
    606B398A-4C85-49EA-A493-2DAF69EE09E1.jpeg
    727.7 KB · Views: 19
9/16 +8/81. I would deep cleanse it twice first. Then mix 1partn9/16+ 2 parts 8/81 + 1.9% mixed 1:2 develop visually. Maximum 20mins.

Latest posts

Back