need some opinions on colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeakygeek

Reaction score
got a client with coloured base 3 hair. I think she has coloured it herself, but it is fairly even. she wants to be base 6 or 7 with blonder streaks. her brows are tatooed black so i dont think any lighter than a 6 with caramel streaks. I will of course pre-lighten it just to get the very dark out . This will leave it very golden. I thought of putting 6.7 (koleston) on or should i use 6.1? Or would you use something else. I am thinking if i could use half
6.77 and half 6.1, I would get a 6.17 effect that might be quite nice. It is to look quite natural and almost dare i say mousy.
The streaks will be 8.73 or might use 9.73 (not decided yet).
Also I would do this pre-lighten witha bleach bath. Is using wipe-out just a s predictable?
Any tips on this please. I hate pre-lightening and colour corrections cos they always worry me.
thank you in adcance

still would appreciate a little help here...anyone?:cry:

Its very hard to say what the color result would be using your chosen colors. I would do strand tests first.

You have also got to bear in mind the condition of her hair after you have prelightened or stripped out the dark base 3. If her hair ends up very porous it may well go dark again when you apply the base 7 colors, so you may have to go a shade lighter.

Personally, I would use a color stripper to get rid of that base 3 because it is very dark. A bleach bath may not be strong enough to lift the base 3 out. Then assess the condition and colour level of her hair before applying your chosen shade. If the prelightened hair is quite orange/copper, you could just apply the 7/1 ash shade to help neutralise the orange undertones a little. Its quite difficult to discuss without seeing the clients hair.

Thank you for that. The wipe out has gone missing from the shop so bleach bath it will have to be. I will only lift it to orange cos i want to maintain the condition, so i will use 6.1 or maybe the 7.1. However, I would prefer to see her hair the more darker shade (say 5-6), so will prob stick to 6.1:confused:

Latest posts

Back