need to be motivated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelly

Reaction score
Help, I need some help with new clients. I recentley lost my job in a salon because the owner did not like me! :cry: I was very upset as I loved working there, however, I am working from home and have taken my clients with me but need more. An advertisment will be going in the local paper on Wednesday and I have delivered 500 leaflets, as of yet I have had no phone calls!
I am a Master Technician with over 10years experience, does anybody have any suggestions

Many thanks
shelly :hug:

Hi Shelly,

Do you have any kids at school??
I do really well with mums from school especially, if i can fit them in when the little darlings are out of the way.:evil:
I made myself some t-shirts with my business name and number on the front, and leave my coat open when i go to asda.
It does take some getting used to- having your chest read all the time! lol:wink2:
I get people stop me and ask if they can write my number down.
of course it does help if your own nails are in top order too, after all theyre an advert for you!
If you dont have kids of your own, why not approach your local school pta and ask if they would like to put on a pamper evening for the mums??
we have just done this and it was very successful!
hope some of this helps
Love tina x

That was kind of your old boss to let you take all your clients with you - she can't have been that bad.

Kimmi Rocks said:
That was kind of your old boss to let you take all your clients with you - she can't have been that bad.

Actually they were all my clients in the first place, I had been doing my work from home and when I started in the shop, my clients came with me.

Your clients who are with you now are going to be the ones who can help your business grow. Word of mouth means everything. Involve a referral program with your business now. For every 2 or 3 new clients brought to you by clients you have now, give a free manicure or polish to the person bringing in the most new clients. You can do this on a weekly basis or a monthly basis.
Be sure and keep some of your business cards with you at all times. This is a good way to get your name out when someone compliments you on your nails or if you hear someone mention they need their nails done. You can even post them on message boards at local shopping malls and grocery stores. Get your name out there, it will help a lot! Best of luck to you!!!
shelly said:
Help, I need some help with new clients. I recentley lost my job in a salon because the owner did not like me! :cry: I was very upset as I loved working there, however, I am working from home and have taken my clients with me but need more. An advertisment will be going in the local paper on Wednesday and I have delivered 500 leaflets, as of yet I have had no phone calls!
I am a Master Technician with over 10years experience, does anybody have any suggestions

Many thanks
shelly :hug:

i cant believe her reason for you going was because she diddnt like you!:irked: - its her bad luck if she doesnt like you thats why they interview people for jobs! sounds like unfair dismissal to me, were you given the verbal and written warnings of your breach of contract first or did she just let you go? keep your chin up and put your name and number out there! word of mouth is the best advert- i never look at flyers that land on my doorstep they just clutter the mat so i throw them straight in the bin (sorry it sounds horrible after all the effort you put into them) i agree with nailme76 on the loyalty idea, people will do anything for a freebie! and tina's idea is brilliant :idea: im going to get myself one of those t-shirts printed! :wink2: cheer up :D michelle xxx

wobbly said:
Hi Shelly,

Do you have any kids at school??
I do really well with mums from school especially, if i can fit them in when the little darlings are out of the way.:evil:
I made myself some t-shirts with my business name and number on the front, and leave my coat open when i go to asda.
It does take some getting used to- having your chest read all the time! lol:wink2:
I get people stop me and ask if they can write my number down.
of course it does help if your own nails are in top order too, after all theyre an advert for you!
If you dont have kids of your own, why not approach your local school pta and ask if they would like to put on a pamper evening for the mums??
we have just done this and it was very successful!
hope some of this helps
Love tina x

thanks tina

fantastic advice
shelly :wink2:

shelly said:
thanks tina

fantastic advice
shelly :wink2:

Just read you are near Chorley in Lancs, me too!
shelly

Latest posts

Back