Need to vent...bad day at work..!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachy86

Reaction score
Ok sorry guys but need to vent..ok just to ad,its that time of the month so I am super sensitive today!.
I had such a bad day at work today,my boss told me today that she needed a quick chat.
She said one of the stylists had asked her to have a word with me...about... a couple of things I didnt get round to doing last week,they werent done.(Cleaning things mainly)I am stressed about this because-
1.This stylist and I get on well and I think why couldn't she come and tell me herself,I am very approachable and not a horrible person I wouldnt have minded in the slightest if she had said 'oh Rach do you mind just doing this for me' talk about being two faced and getting the boss to do it!I am just so shocked sometimes I think I am too nice and think people are all backstabbers!Why would she do this?

2.My boss then said to me you have to work Saturday!(I do mon-fri) she isnt paying me and just presumed I have no arrangements when I actually do.Why should I work 6 days and get paid for 5?Friday night I am working at the pub til 1am and will be so tired on Saturday-I was planning a lay in. I do pub work in evenings to top up my earnings.

Sorry to rant I just feel so frustrated and betrayed/taken the piss out of.I work so so hard,I am the only apprentice,I am 23 years old and dont need this political bulls**t. I feel so deflated by this situation.I am due to complete my level 2 by April so I am doing lots of clients as well as the upkeep of the salon,there are only so many hours in the day!

Any input from you guys would really be appreciated,my partner is at work and I am all on my own feeling sorry for myself :(
Again sorry for the essay .

Rach x

Eh, tell her you need paid for the days you work!! Its illegal for a start to not pay you.

And I hope that you are getting paid at least minimum wage although you are stil training?

I dont know what your like but I used to not be able to stick up for myself at work..hope you will tell her this isn't on. xx

I would've explained nicely to your boss that you will be working til 1am,that you wont be in any fit state to work there in the salon on a saturday after working the hours you do in the pub and that you're not employed to work there on saturdays!!!She CANT just tell you you're working if this is not part of your contract.As for not paying you,are you sure/did she tell you that you wouldn't be being paid??No pay=no work,sorry we all work for a reason not for the pure hell of it:eek:Maybe she didn't put it across to you correctly.She needs to be told how you feel about working saturday though and that you have plans.If you dont tell her this time it will get worse,and become a habit and then you will wish you had stood up for yourself at the start.

I sympathise with you over the hairdresser complaining but sadly that's life.Maybe she didn't like to say anything to you as she didnt want to hurt your feelings or was uncomfortable.Im sure it wasn't meant in a nasty way.It can be hard though when jobs need doing,you ask staff to do them and they havent been done.Dont take it to heart though,it's only a little moan about cleaning jobs,she hasnt been derogatory about your work so it's nothing major,remember lifes too short and you have to work together so best not let it get you down.:hug:

Latest posts

Back