Negative feedback from clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sadiah

Reaction score
Hi, I've been doing acrylics for over a year now. Trained and certified with Essential Nails. Recently I've had a few clients coming back with negative comments after I've called them to remind them of their next appointment which they previously booked. The remarks I received were: 1) my nails dropped off in Iceland when I put my hand in the freezer to get some frozen food! 2) My thumb and forefinger just fell off after 2 days 3) 2 of the acrylics lifted after 3 days. All these clients didn't want the follow up appointment. I've done acrylics/gel overlays and gel polish over the 6 years I've been a nail tech without problems. Am meticulous with prep, and use well known products. Had my own salon and then went mobile. I would point out that one of these clients was a family member and the other 2 were friends. They did pay me for the first treatment but I'm wondering if they just didn't want to pay more money. Also, none of them complained straight away or sent any pics of the damaged nails. It was only when I contacted them to remind them that they had booked the appointment that they told me what had happened.

I know many of you have had similar experiences but I've lost confidence a bit now. Keep thinking that everytime I get a new client they will find something wrong. Surely if acrylics are applied properly there's no way they will just 'drop off' without some kind of trauma to the nails? Hope you can share some of your experiences if you've come across this before. Thanks

Hiya
I do feel for you because its really disheartening to hear stuff like this.
You've got plenty of people with no complaints though, right? That in itself should tell you the problem isn't with you [emoji5]️
I tend to think friends/family can be the worst sometimes, they often don't pay or pay discounted rates, and as such they don't value their nails as much (and also expect free repairs) as well as trying to last 4 weeks between appointments!
It's strange how they were only prompted to tell you about their problems by the thought of parting with their cash isn't it!
Try not to let this worry you. Xx

Yep... friends and family... tbh.... are the worst kind of clients.... well .. untill they realise that you're not a mug...lol
Yep I've had it with acrylics.... one lady... said she didnt bother waring gloves for washing up and they all came off... and i know shes a picker.... i told her id extensions are not suitable... as she just picks them off.... dont worry about it hun... im sure you're brilliant nail tech... xxx

Latest posts

Back