Negative feedback on Facebook?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murnettie

Reaction score
Hi

I posted this post on Facebook and I noticed when checking the insights that it says 1 person gave negative feedback, I'm not sure what this means, does it mean I lost a like? Or is there somewhere on the page that maybe I just haven't found that gives people the option to leave feedback?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364298795.458305.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364298795.458305.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 357
Hi

I posted this post on Facebook and I noticed when checking the insights that it says 1 person gave negative feedback, I'm not sure what this means, does it mean I lost a like? Or is there somewhere on the page that maybe I just haven't found that gives people the option to leave feedback?

Hi,

Don't worry too much, all it means is that someone has done one of the following:

hidden one of your posts from their news feed
hidden all posts from your page from appearing in their news feed
unliked your page
reported your post as spam

It could have been something as simple as a competitor who was having a nosey around and accidentally clicked like and then immediately unliked it. It may also have been that you may have posted too often in a short space of time and so someone may have hidden your posts.

I always advise clients not to post more than two or three times a day on Facebook and to make sure that those posts are spread out over a full day/night so not to clog up peoples timeline.

Go and put the kettle on and don't worry about it :)

Best Wishes
Steve

Great thanks Steve was just worried I wasn't seeing something only page! I only ever post once a day somtimes every two days! Off to have a cuppa now, thanks again

Yeah it'll be something else then, nothing sinister though, I tell you what else may have caused it and for me I think it's a design flaw. Facebook have introduced a sort of activity ticker on the right hand side of your Facebook, I think it's only visible if you are using a computer (rather than an iPad or similar) if you hover your mouse over it you can read the full post but some people naturally click on the "x" to close it again. This however doesn't close it, instead it hides it from your timeline.

I've lost count of the times i've done this by mistake. This would then show as negative feedback. It really could be this simple.

Enjoy your cuppa and don't forget the custard creams :)

Great thanks Steve was just worried I wasn't seeing something only page! I only ever post once a day somtimes every two days! Off to have a cuppa now, thanks again

I had this too recently and got really down hearted, but now I've realised what it is its not as bad xx

Latest posts

Back