Neighbours affecting my home beauty business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my area where my mother lives she has had various people moved next door, council house, these have been terrible, and were moved because the council moved them due to anti-social behaviour and neighbours complaining and getting them moved, so it is possible, keep persevering.

The fact that it's effecting your business I'd imagine is a blessing in disguise because hopefully this will apply the pressure to the council to sort then out as its the council's problem aswelll as all them times you involved the police too is great as you can really use on that, I'll explain more later on.
Certainly write to you MP. Set up a petition, in regards to writing to your MP, also get various neighbours to write also, either get them to send them direct aswelll as you, or send the attached letters from them with your letter. The more people the better. Really emphasize the disruption they are causing, the aggressiveness towards yourself and other neighbors and customers, it needs to come across that it's no longer becoming a safe place to live for yourself and your neighbours. The MP is certainly the one who you need to speak with at some point, not just the council, or see who's chairman in housing,likely my MP is the chairman for housing-I don't know if this is what they all are across the board.Also I advise visiting your local Citizen Advice Buero as they will be able to help you a great deal I really emphasise this! Try and see if you can get the police to write a letter to you for you attach with MP letter, confirming your many involvements with them I'm regards to this family. Also perhaps see if your doctor could write a letter (you can just pay for these to be done) explaining about the metal stress this is causing on your health, not feeling safe etc, I'd imagine this is true and you are not in fact feeling yourself or safe anymore in your own home, this worrying it's causing you will eventually make you ill. A doctor's letter would really top it off as its evidence it's causing harm towards your health due to that families anti-social behaviour!

The way to look at it is... Everything complaint you have that you wish to report in this letter to the MP, attached as much evidence for each point you make to him. So like u mentioned above that its leaving you feeling scared -the doctors letter would be brilliant to back that up. The more proof you have for each point you make, the better chance you have to getting the MP to listen.

Goodluck and I really hope you and your family and your business are okay in the end. Fingers crossed

Lots of love and I hope it finally gets sorted
Samantha

Sent from my C5303 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't think my neighbours want me to open a home salon.

Can they stop me?
I own my own home.

I will be a one man band, I don't expect I'll be very busy. My home salon we not effect them at all but they are troublemakers.

Thanks

In my area where my mother lives she has had various people moved next door, council house, these have been terrible, and were moved because the council moved them due to anti-social behaviour and neighbours complaining and getting them moved, so it is possible, keep persevering.

The fact that it's effecting your business I'd imagine is a blessing in disguise because hopefully this will apply the pressure to the council to sort then out as its the council's problem aswelll as all them times you involved the police too is great as you can really use on that, I'll explain more later on.
Certainly write to you MP. Set up a petition, in regards to writing to your MP, also get various neighbours to write also, either get them to send them direct aswelll as you, or send the attached letters from them with your letter. The more people the better. Really emphasize the disruption they are causing, the aggressiveness towards yourself and other neighbors and customers, it needs to come across that it's no longer becoming a safe place to live for yourself and your neighbours. The MP is certainly the one who you need to speak with at some point, not just the council, or see who's chairman in housing,likely my MP is the chairman for housing-I don't know if this is what they all are across the board.Also I advise visiting your local Citizen Advice Buero as they will be able to help you a great deal I really emphasise this! Try and see if you can get the police to write a letter to you for you attach with MP letter, confirming your many involvements with them I'm regards to this family. Also perhaps see if your doctor could write a letter (you can just pay for these to be done) explaining about the metal stress this is causing on your health, not feeling safe etc, I'd imagine this is true and you are not in fact feeling yourself or safe anymore in your own home, this worrying it's causing you will eventually make you ill. A doctor's letter would really top it off as its evidence it's causing harm towards your health due to that families anti-social behaviour!

The way to look at it is... Everything complaint you have that you wish to report in this letter to the MP, attached as much evidence for each point you make to him. So like u mentioned above that its leaving you feeling scared -the doctors letter would be brilliant to back that up. The more proof you have for each point you make, the better chance you have to getting the MP to listen.

Goodluck and I really hope you and your family and your business are okay in the end. Fingers crossed

Lots of love and I hope it finally gets sorted
Samantha

Wow lots of information there so thank you.

Unfortunately I think I'm going to be alone in my street re support - there are 24 houses in my culdersac, one other private owned resident who lives in the corner so probably doesn't see much, then there are two other council families ( one who lives opposite this address but unfortunately those two had a fight in the street whereby the nice neighbour hit this idiot over the head with a metal bar because this horrible chap had been spreading rumours that he was a child molestor / not true ) so i think it ei be difficult for him to be a credible witness.
All other residents are students that come and go term after term so as u can see I'm alone
Won't stop me fighting / the doctors note is a great idea though! So thanks x

Wow lots of information there so thank you.

Unfortunately I think I'm going to be alone in my street re support - there are 24 houses in my culdersac, one other private owned resident who lives in the corner so probably doesn't see much, then there are two other council families ( one who lives opposite this address but unfortunately those two had a fight in the street whereby the nice neighbour hit this idiot over the head with a metal bar because this horrible chap had been spreading rumours that he was a child molestor / not true ) so i think it ei be difficult for him to be a credible witness.
All other residents are students that come and go term after term so as u can see I'm alone
Won't stop me fighting / the doctors note is a great idea though! So thanks x
I would not discount the neighbours yet, the neighbour across the road might have had an altercation with him but his behaviour caused it after all, I would definitely get a letter from him or his wife , if they have kids I am sure they are afraid for their safety too.

Students might come and go but I am sure they have been affected too, they need to study and it is difficult when there is a lunatic on the loose.

I used to live next to a real scummy family a few years ago, the worst kind....the ones that think they are God's gift to the community but have enemies everywhere due to their anti social behaviour. Anyway, I came across an online community that helped me GREATLY, not only with good advice but also just a bit of emotional support as they were all going through the same or have finally got the neighbours to move. Here is the link, it is free to join

Neighbours From Hell in Britain ( Neighbours from hell)

Good luck and I agree with the others, try to go mobile or rent a room till all this blows over. I would never return to a business if I had been verbally abused by a neighbour, also first impressions are very important, driving up to a place already gives you an opinion of the business, If their house and garden is a tip with terrified kids and shouting drugged/drunk fat ar*es on the rampage I would not even go in. It will impact your business and it would make sense to remove your clients from this dangerous situation.

How would you feel if he loses the plot and attacks a client instead of just swearing at her? As a business owner it is your responsibility to ensure the safety of your clients when they are visiting you.

I know you don't want him to push you out and you might feel that he is winning if you move your business but it is only for a short while and when you look at the big picture you are the winner here, you have a business, a supportive family, the council and housing association, as well as the police all working to remove the threat.

I agree with Samantha Timms, you have to convince the authorities that you are fearing for your safety and the safety of your clients. Lay it on thick if you have to, you are a vulnerable young woman who is in danger, no one can argue the fact and you will be mentally affected. Also report them to child services, no child deserves to be brought up in an environment like that.

Big hug to you and I hope that you get to have a bit of peace and quiet.:hug:

Please if you can, considering you feel neighbours are not going to support you much, please look for your local Citizen Advice Beuro, as these will be able to give you free and helpful advice and help you proceed in what your doing, supporting you all the way. I don't k ow where your based but these beuros are throughout the country!! They are fantastic I reassure you'. It's always best getting as much advice as possible before you choose the route to go down in!!! Good luck and I'm glad I've helped in some way x

I'm so overwhelmed by the amount of support you have all offered.
What has been said so far in invaluable and I will be taking it all on board and pushing on with things so thank you all :)

Latest posts

Back