Neutralising ashy grayish blue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zel

Reaction score
Hi

Need advice and sceond oppinion mother-in-law dyed her hair light ash blonde l'oreal 03 which ive never used b4.

its gone ashy colour (no blonde) like a grayish bluey colour on top

the backs not to bad but its orangy but im not to bothered about the back.

need help to neutralise the ash thought of putting clynol almond toner on just to tone it down for now but not sure what else i could do to get rid of the ash

also was thinking of pre pigmenting the hair with copper pigmenter then colouring it like a auburn blonde dont think she'd like that though.

im a bit rusty with my skills, ive usually done the opporsite never had to neuralise the ash b4 pls help

Last edited:
hello i would use the mangerine toner, iv used this alot when its too ashy, it looks quite warm when u put it on but dont worry itll be fine when u wash it off and dry it x

thanx for that i did think of that, but i opt for the old fashioned ketchup treatment.

works well used cheap brand of tomatoe sauce left on for 10 -15 mins washed off with head and shoulders/ washing up liquid and then bleach bathed the hair for 20 mins from damp and washed off with head and shoulders...............RESULT

no more ash but need to buy some toner to get rid of the orange roots i may get some madarine jus soo its more even all over.

before i did all that i took a strand test first well thought of zel

Latest posts

Back