New and lifting question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashleybstarr

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My names Ashley, I am an Esthetician/Nail tech here in Canada. I havent been working in a few years but I am wanting to get back into it.
Yesterday I did a set of tips on myself and just went over them with clear polish, just for practice. I used tips that were big enough, fit sidewall to sidewall with out preasure, im sure i put enough glue on too and I buffed and dehydrated them properly. Still two of them got catches/tags lifting on the side where the end of the tip at the side wall is.
I am wondering if I did not blend enough? This can happen too when you over-blend right? Any ideas would be most helpful,
thanks
Ashley

Do you mean you just tipped, and put no product over hun?

Yeah, I just put a tip on my natural nail so i could practice my blending. I was actually going to put some gel on later ( my new fav Integrity, it self levels sooooo nicely, might only be Canadian though: www.inmcanada.com) but my lamp bulb burnt out so it will have to wait.
I decided if some pop off thats ok cuz then I can practice more but I want to learn as I go and figure out the bits Im doing wrong. Its slowly all comming back to me but Ive been a little out of the loop for awhile,
'
Thanks,
Ashley

it helps to apply the adhesive to the tip and to the nail...x

Oh thats sounds good.
So put a little nail glue on top to re-enforce. Im sure I didnt do that,its those little things you forget when its been awhile, thanks

Ashley

Adhesive works pretty well for me, don't over do tho it creates problems at the end.

Latest posts

Back