New business name ideas-opinions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
Have been thinking of changing my work name! I do hair extensions. So far I have came up with

Maisie's hair boutique
Maisie's hair room
Belle extensions
Beautiful lengths
Glamorous lengths
Capelli hair extensions
Bellalocks
Maisielocks
Luxylocks
Princesslocks

Any opinions would be great :)

I don't think you need to be so obvious.

I like just 'Capelli'. Nothing else.

I would check if you can use belle extensions or glamorous lengths as they are already business names of hair extensions businesses.

Capelli sounds good. To me it sounds more high end.

Pretty sure glamorous lengths and belle extensions are trademarked names to the companies, they also work together as in belle hair extension training use glamorous lengths hair. Also remember when you do pick a name to use, check whether it's already taken with company house otherwise you can actually be prosecuted. I think Maisielocks is a good one as its more personalised to you.

really like Maisielocks

Pretty sure glamorous lengths and belle extensions are trademarked names to the companies, they also work together as in belle hair extension training use glamorous lengths hair. Also remember when you do pick a name to use, check whether it's already taken with company house otherwise you can actually be prosecuted. I think Maisielocks is a good one as its more personalised to you.
It's not company's house you need to check with it's the IPO where you go to check if it's trademarked x

Think I'll go with Maisielocks :) thanks everyone

It's not company's house you need to check with it's the IPO where you go to check if it's trademarked x
Oh I've never heard of them. When I found out that someone else was trading using my name i contacted company house & they look action.

Oh I've never heard of them. When I found out that someone else was trading using my name i contacted company house & they look action.
It's company's house if you're limited. Maybe they handed it over!

Assuming you're in the UK, you can register your business name with the IPO under the area you trade in, whether or not you are ltd. this stops anyone else trading under that name in the same field of work. If they do, you can force them to stop.

Some time ago a bunch of therapists using the word 'beautique' in their business name, were sent cease and desist letters from the owner of the trademark for that word x

Oh maybe they did. Learn something new every day haha my salon is called Beauty Secrets Boutique and I found out someone was trading under my name, they were even using photos of my salon and work to claim as there own. I'm pretty sure they got a fine as I had to fill out loads of paperwork x

Latest posts

Back