New business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichelleG1978

Reaction score
Hi! I'm in the process of setting up my own salon, are there any hints or tips you can give me? Things I should or shouldn't do? Things I need or don't need? I'll be offering nails, tanning, waxing, lash services. Thank you all in advance

First of all, take good care of your marketing.
Website is a must, make it neat and pretty, show pictures of your work, add a blog that would attract customers and would work good for the SEO of your website. Online booking would be a good addition to your website, let your customers book easily straight from the website without the need to call you.

Instagram and Facebook are so good nowadays in reaching your audience, it is something you should definitely use for your benefit. I understand it can be hard to work in the salon and be socially active, this is why I always recommend Buffer, it is a good tool to schedule your posts.
Advertisement is Instagram is relatively cheap and good way to reach even more people.

I'd recommend to start using good salon software from the very beginning of you salon, such tools help understand how your business is doing and what has to be improved. Plus it allows to automate a lot of routine stuff, any way at some point you will understand you need it, so why not use it from the start.

Hope this helped at least a little ;)

Latest posts

Back