new business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuteycalls

Reaction score
hi i am buying a small new salon which has its own staff whch i have to take on i dont know the first thing about how to do wages can anyone point me in the right direction as to how i do this can my accountant do it or can i do it myself who do i need thanks in advance for your help

If you have no experience at all then I would definately speak to your accountant. They can do all the tax and NI workings for you each month and just give you the final figures. Much easier.

I keep on rambling on on here about Businesslink! They really are amazing and will put you in touch with all the relevant people. Its all government funded so theres no charge. Google for their website (I don't know how to add links!) but phone them for a copy of their book, its really informative. The website is good too but soo many links you get sidetracked!
A bookeeper will do your wages for about £30 a month. You pay them per payslip so if you can convince your staff to be paid monthly it will save you a fortune per year.
Hope that makes sense, I'm shattered!
Good luck, you'll be fine XXX

Julie

hi i am buying a small new salon which has its own staff whch i have to take on i dont know the first thing about how to do wages can anyone point me in the right direction as to how i do this can my accountant do it or can i do it myself who do i need thanks in advance for your help

Its really not hard! I would not pay anyone to do wages unless I had a huge workforce. Contact the HM revenue and customs and register as a new business HM Revenue & Customs: Home Page and they will send you a great little cd for free and it does everything! It has a database to store your employees and will not only work out your tax and NIC's but record them too. You can submit all your yearly figures from this cd, and it has a host of informaton on it. I just went to my local tax office and they contacted the business support team and a nice lady visited me in my home and explained EVERYTHING on being an employer. The also arm you with a list of support numbers should you need any help. The Government has definately got this right :)

New employers helpline 08456070143
Newly self-employed helpline 08459154515

Hope this helps and good luck with your new venture

I agree with you Donna - Cutycalls I went through a similar thing myself at the beginning of July - HMRC are really helpful - you can't go wrong - promise....:) Goodf luck

Latest posts

Back