New business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayo

Reaction score
Hi my name is Mayo and i need help. I'd like to have my own business i mean i want my own salon, but i dont know what to do. I have certificate in beautician but i never worked as beautician. And i'd like to work as one I really like that job.... Do i Need som experiance to open my own salon??? How do i get business loan???? :eek::eek::eek: Pls help. Thanks

Oooooo think you need to slow down a little, fair play to you for having the commitment, with any business you cannot go and open a business just because you have qualified, I am guessing you are still quite young, but you really need occupational competance before you even think about opening the doors of your own place.
Dont get me wrong it could be done but you have had no experience in the day to day running of a salon. You need to get into a salon even if you offer to work for free and stick to the manager like a lapdog. At least you have half an idea of what pressures and pitfalls you will come up against. you will get to know the products and learn people skills. The list could go on forever here. But dont make a mistake of opening a business you know very little about.
With no disrespect you asked where can you get a business loan from............

You need to be looking at these things first before you even think of the money..

Business Plan..Do you have one?

Market Research..Do you know who your market are, were they go, their age, where they live, If you cant define a market and attack the people in that market then you are on the road for failure.

Property...Did you know legal fees alone will cost you approx £1000-£3000 this is just for a solicitor to look over your lease. Then comes what the landlord wants as a deposit and monthly costs

If you approach any bank and ask for money for a business they will ask you a ship load of questions and would want to see a minimum of an executive summary and financial forecasts.

Again this list could go on for a long time.

One more queestion you say that you have had no experience in the trade, how do you know its right for you???????

Thanks for your advice. I think i need to slow down. you right. maybe i will need to get job in salon to see how it works, and also as you said i need to get more experience. but its so dificult to get one at the moment.:eek:

If your passion is to one day open a salon then have that same passion with trying to get a job, ask the salons if they have weekend work, even if its cleaning the floor you are in the surroundings of your business venture, where you can find more information. I know it sounds crappy but start from the bottom and work your way up.
Like I mentioned you may find in 6mths time you never want to set eyes on a salon again, make sure you are 110% sure this is what you want to do.

Good luck with whatver you intend to do

Latest posts

Back