New client, bleach explanation

Hi Geeks,
So I have this new client that was recommended by another very happy client who I have a great relationship with. :)
The only problem is this new client is ‘difficult’.
She’s currently lightened to a level 10 with level 4/5 dark brunette roots.
And she wants to go as white as possible with zero roots.
(Personally I think root fades are way better for these clients but she is very set on that. :rolleyes:)
However, the previous lightening processes have been executed poorly and too close together leaving this lady with fried hair that takes colour way too strongly.:confused:
So cendre turns purple, ash looks green, even diluted purple shampoo sticks patchy and lilacy.
So every tool to achieve white blonde is now basically useless...
I have explained that her situation means that white blonde is completely out of the question until her hair health improves and have suggested deepening to a more neutral palette.
I have tested her hair with a beige Demi, and it’s quite pretty, she’s begrudgingly agreed, but she still wants white and I know she won’t really be happy with it.
Any advice would be wonderful, as I feel like I am going to be the bad guy either way here because she’s not going to really love the new colour. :confused:

Thanks guys

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly, I’d give her the options but if she’s still not 100% on board, I’d ditch her as a client, telling her that I’m clearly not going to be able to meet her expectations and that she needs to find herself another magician (hairdresser).

Thanks for your advice Haircutz,
Sometimes you kind of need someone else to say it... ;)
I think the problem might be that she’s been burned before by hairdressers that don’t care as much as I do.
Or at all. :rolleyes:
Obviously, from seeing her hair I can see that her previous colourist just did what she said, maybe because she’s so pushy with her OTT goals.
Really hate it when a new client comes in throwing out negative energy though, leaves me really frustrated.
All I actually want to do is help them. :confused:

Hi Geeks,
So I have this new client that was recommended by another very happy client who I have a great relationship with. :)
The only problem is this new client is ‘difficult’.
She’s currently lightened to a level 10 with level 4/5 dark brunette roots.
And she wants to go as white as possible with zero roots.
(Personally I think root fades are way better for these clients but she is very set on that. :rolleyes:)
However, the previous lightening processes have been executed poorly and too close together leaving this lady with fried hair that takes colour way too strongly.:confused:
So cendre turns purple, ash looks green, even diluted purple shampoo sticks patchy and lilacy.
So every tool to achieve white blonde is now basically useless...
I have explained that her situation means that white blonde is completely out of the question until her hair health improves and have suggested deepening to a more neutral palette.
I have tested her hair with a beige Demi, and it’s quite pretty, she’s begrudgingly agreed, but she still wants white and I know she won’t really be happy with it.
Any advice would be wonderful, as I feel like I am going to be the bad guy either way here because she’s not going to really love the new colour. :confused:

Thanks guys
I had this problem with a client and in the end I convinced her to go a white silver colour and to give her natural roots a break. As it's silver it doesn't matter if it grabs more in certain areas as it won't develop into a strange undertone etc. Maybe you could convince her to go for a silver balayage type of look and just explain that's the closest she'll get to white until her hair is healthier. I didn't take a before pic but it was very patchy.. Hairdressers nightmare!

Attachments

Beautiful work Georgie!
I did try a silver/cendre (Schwarzkopf vibrance In 9.5-1)
And I thought it was nice
But because her hair is so processed, it was a bit purplish in tone.
(I don’t like semi’s because my clients give me a headache if the colour doesn’t last)
Silver is lovely and I agree, it could look really nice! :D
But honestly, if this client sees even a hint of lilac, she freaks. :confused:

Btw not to be a prat, It’s totally ok to do it, loads of colourists do, but it feels a bit insta-filtered on the pic...
It’d help to see just a straight up photo of your client. This is what I get with Schwarzkopf... Had to do a zoom because of file size wahh!

Attachments

Btw not to be a prat, It’s totally ok to do it, loads of colourists do, but it feels a bit insta-filtered on the pic...
It’d help to see just a straight up photo of your client. This is what I get with Schwarzkopf... Had to do a zoom because of file size wahh!
Oh I like that colour! Is this the client that isn't happy?! Haha no worries, but that is my original pic, I use a ring light to brighten my photos but no filters. I don't know why people use filters as you do yourself an injustice when someone likes your work and is expecting the same results!

Oh I like that colour! Is this the client that isn't happy?! Haha no worries, but that is my original pic, I use a ring light to brighten my photos but no filters. I don't know why people use filters as you do yourself an injustice when someone likes your work and is expecting the same results!
Please accept my apologies, I didn’t mean to offend! That’s cool that you use a ring light, the shadowing is fabulous! :D
That’s what confused me, very beautiful photography. ;)
...I’m probably a bit behind in that sense, I’ve been doing up/own a salon over the past year. I’ve still got a way to go, but it’s clean and fresh and my own space... I’m very humbled. :)

My photography is maybe a little too honest lol as I literally have an old canon that’s got no depth and the lighting is pretty much totally natural. o_O

Tbh totally agree about filters, I get that people do it, but yes, a bit dishonest! :rolleyes:

Sorry no, that’s just an example of the Schwarzkopf vibrancy colour!

The client that’s not happy is a new client, I’ve not worked with her properly yet, just had a consultation for talk/skin test/hair tests etc.
It’s her previous salon that has ruined her hair, I’m just trying to fix it, but she’s a bit finicky with what she’ll go for lol!

I wish I had a photo of the new client but it’s difficult to get photos of a new clients hair that doesn’t really trust you yet lol

Honestly, I’d give her the options but if she’s still not 100% on board, I’d ditch her as a client, telling her that I’m clearly not going to be able to meet her expectations and that she needs to find herself another magician (hairdresser).
I quite agree. There's absolutely no point in banging your head against a brick wall. Seems that she's adamant and you won't win whatever you do.

So for anyone interested and maybe to help in similar situations, I have now done the clients hair!
Everything was positive, she liked the beige, despite her wish to be white and agreed that it was a good route to go!
For this colour, I lifted the roots with Schwarzkopf Blondeme Powder Lightener and toned with Igora royal nudes 12-46 (did not process to full capacity. This colour can be a high lift or regular shade depending on processing) with some 10-46 lowlights!

Attachments

Her hair was also treated with Fibreplex as the previous bleach damage was substantial!

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
You did a really nice job there. Well done! :)

Thankyou! :) I’m really glad that I stuck to my guns on the beige!! Sometimes clients just gotta be told. ;)

Thanks for your advice Haircutz,
Sometimes you kind of need someone else to say it... ;)
I think the problem might be that she’s been burned before by hairdressers that don’t care as much as I do.
Or at all. :rolleyes:
Obviously, from seeing her hair I can see that her previous colourist just did what she said, maybe because she’s so pushy with her OTT goals.
Really hate it when a new client comes in throwing out negative energy though, leaves me really frustrated.
All I actually want to do is help them. :confused:
A great way of saying it to them is that’s its not how you do it like “this isn’t the way I do it, I have a different technique but if you aren’t happy to proceed with it I’m not willing to damage your hair further sorry”

Great job! Glad she was happy x