New & confused!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobile-hands

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently qualified in manicures and really enjoy it so would like to progress nail treatments further but I'm confused as to what it what!

Acrylics are the nails you glue on but I've seen a video on YouTube were a lady moulded gel acrylic nails in a French manicure style, what are these? Are acrylic attached to the whole nail or just the tips?
Then there is the whole Shellac, gelish etc...

Would someone be as kind to explain them for me so I have a better idea as to what training I should do next as I am very confused! Sorry if I sound dumb!

Thanks x

Acrylic and UV gel are used mainly for nail extensions so you prepare the nail, apply tips to each nail and then lay the acrylic / gel over the top mould to form the right shape etc and cure. You can do acrylic and gel extension training courses. Shellac and gellish are 2 week strong gel nail polishes which are also cured unDer UV lamp very easy to perform once trained and really good to have all of these under your belt if your already a manacurist! Hope this helps!

Also the moulding you saw was probably fitted by forms under and extended from the nail so no tip is used as the acrylic is strong enough to hold and sculpt/mould itself xx

Acrylic and UV gel are used mainly for nail extensions so you prepare the nail, apply tips to each nail and then lay the acrylic / gel over the top mould to form the right shape etc and cure. You can do acrylic and gel extension training courses. Shellac and gellish are 2 week strong gel nail polishes which are also cured unDer UV lamp very easy to perform once trained and really good to have all of these under your belt if your already a manacurist! Hope this helps!

Thanks for your help!
Think I'm going to do the CND shellac course and then look at a nail extension course. X

You tube has a wealth of knowledge. Watch naio videos with Gemma lambert and young nails videos with Greg! Watch all their beginners videos on acrylic and gels. That's how I started off and it made it much easier for me to know what everything is! Good luck with your course as well! X

Latest posts

Back