New file or sanitise each time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was like lightening!
Thank you for such a quick answer!
So any 240 would be fine for filing on natural nails as I only do natural nails at the moment.
Thanks

I scub and soak the files after each use, I can probably get 4/5 uses out of them, and with buffers I also scrub then soak, and can reuse these alot longer.

But I would NEVER EVER use the same file or buffer from start am to the last pm client, and I have seen this done in a salon, just with a quick spray in between. To me, that is not hygenic enough, as bacteria / hep /and other germs etc, can live up to 10 hours on a particular item.

I also soak in chlorhexidine (hospital grade) which is needed and approved by our local council.

it is expensive but in the long run, works out cheaper for you as a business person to protect your tools.

If by chance I nick someone, which has only ever happened twice ( in 6 years ) then I throw it in the bin. To me, it is not worth it.

Also with my tools, I put them through the autoclave, and always have new sets ready for the next client.

Alot won't agree, but that is ok. It depends on the individual.

Hope that helps.

Does the abrasion last? I mean do they not run out of grit? Or is that really dependent on what files you are purchasing to start with?

Does the abrasion last? I mean do they not run out of grit? Or is that really dependent on what files you are purchasing to start with?

Yes it does depend on the grit, but also depends if you buy cheap crap or authentic ones.

I have tried both, now I will only buy the authentic brands, longer wearing, and I get so much use out of them it is wonderful.

With the cheaper brands, you may as well pop it in the bin half way between a service, it is just silly, and less cost effective.

the saying "you get what you pay for is so true".

hope that helps..:):)

oh ps...... i have never tried the glass files, not sure if I like the sound of them, but I shouldn't comment, as I have never tried them...

Ok, thanks.

When I train with CND soon I am sure I will start to feal a difference in my files and their possible use. The files I currently use are from Eseential Nails and work well for the set but I couldn't see them being used again after.

After each client ( and I dont do one after another :cry:)I give files a really good brush with an old nail brush and spray to soaking with sanitizer ( hosp grade ) I do this with tools too is this enough ???

foot files used on feet go in the bin

Latest posts

Back