New geeks questions re uv gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snazzybiz

Reaction score
Hi i am new to salon geek so appologies if I am doing this wrong. I recently trained in uv gel nails with the edge. I learnt acrylic and fiberglass
years ago but as I am pregnant thought it might be a food ideas to try and set up a mobile beauty business again to help pay for everything :)

I am currently only doing nails on people to practice before I start charging full price but have a few questions.

Firstly I have bought the edge gel starter kit which included everything I need or pink and white gels, I also bought cuccio soak of kit to use on natural nails and the wipe off solution.

My first question is, do I need to get the cuccio soak off sollution or can I just use acetone?

I also bought cuccio t3 gels to use over extensions so I don't have to soak off but can I use my edge wipe off solution or do I need
to get the cuccio one?

Next question, does alcohol hand wash affect nail extensions as one of my models works in a hospital and the gel seems to be lifting from the nail plate. Or have I done something wrong??

Any help anyone can give would be Much appreciated and I appologise for any spelling mistakes have typed this one my phone which seems to have a mind of it's own:)

Thanks snazzybiz x

Hi i am new to salon geek so appologies if I am doing this wrong. I recently trained in uv gel nails with the edge. I learnt acrylic and fiberglass
years ago but as I am pregnant thought it might be a food ideas to try and set up a mobile beauty business again to help pay for everything :)

I am currently only doing nails on people to practice before I start charging full price but have a few questions.

Firstly I have bought the edge gel starter kit which included everything I need or pink and white gels, I also bought cuccio soak of kit to use on natural nails and the wipe off solution.

My first question is, do I need to get the cuccio soak off sollution or can I just use acetone?

I also bought cuccio t3 gels to use over extensions so I don't have to soak off but can I use my edge wipe off solution or do I need
to get the cuccio one?

Next question, does alcohol hand wash affect nail extensions as one of my models works in a hospital and the gel seems to be lifting from the nail plate. Or have I done something wrong??

Any help anyone can give would be Much appreciated and I appologise for any spelling mistakes have typed this one my phone which seems to have a mind of it's own:)

Thanks snazzybiz x

@ the question in BOLD above.

Hospital grade hand disinfectants DO affect gel nails and will contribute to lifting. However you are also new to nails and being so, you could also be contributing to the lifting of the gels.

Re using Acetone vs soak off solutions .. although soak off solutions are primarily acetone, they also are also formulated to be less drying to the skin than pure acetone so if you are immersing fingertips in an acetone bath for removal, it is much less drying to the skin to use soak off solutions.

Thanks for your reply, re the gel lifting what could I be doing wrong? I am using sanitized, nail dehydrator blend the tip with tip blender then primer on natural nails and then gel over the top. What do you suggest?

Another question I have as my training manual hasn't come through yet, if I apply clear gel to natural nails how many layers should I put on?

If anyone can help with my question about t3 gels it would be appreciated as I gave someones nails to do who wants coloured tips and Im not sure if I need to go to capital tomorrow to buy the cuccio wipe off.

Thanks again
snazzybiz

I always recommend using the thing your system calls for you to use ... It looks more professional too.

Latest posts

Back