New Hair Extension method advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewtTM

Reaction score
:green: Hi all, Iv decided to get Hair Extensions in again however, I really dont want racoon in again. Although they looked lovely, my hair's fine and when they were taken out my hair was quite damaged. Id like some tips and advice as to what methods youd think would be best for my hair. Im blonde, get subtle highlights and really look after it with heat products etc.
I have been told of a metal bond method which Iv no idea about, if anyones is aware or uses this method, Id love to hear from you. Also does anyone have any ideas of other methods, weaving sounds good but I dont think my hair is long enough :rolleyes:. I use clip in's at the minute but I cant wear my hair up as the clips are visable due to my hair only being coller length.:irked:
Hope to hear from you soon.
Rie XX

:green:Hi I have just today done the micro link hair extension method, if you email me i'll send you some pics of what it looks like start through to finish, my client was really pleased with them and she had real short hair to start with! Def better than using glue [email protected]

Hey, is that u in your picture? My hair is pretty similiar in colour, length and it is realllllll thin (accident with brown hair dye eeeek!) I havn't actual had extensions in for a while just using clip ins for the moment however i did have 'micro ring's' and i have had glue, pre-tipped, weave every type of hair extension going! And if i had to get another set again (which im sure won't be too long!) it would be the micro-rings! So easy to put in, quick, soooooooooooooo much easier to take out, no glue no heat just some pliers!! (not as bad as it sounds...!) I was really really impressed with them, the only negative i would have is that i bought the lightest colour micro ring and it did show up quite a lot so i would advise to get a micro ring colour that matches your roots- was only a problem because i wear my hair up alot! Have a look on you tube for the application theres quite a few videos on there for diff methods! Hope that helps and good luck! xxxx

hi we use link extensions in the salon at present and they are great you can even get the links with an inner coat of silcone, which will really help stop any damage! but its the aftercare as with any extension if you folow the aftercare procedure you should have no problems with link extensions! good luck:hug:

Hi there, have you ever thought of using Proflex tape? it is a double sided tape especially designed for hair extensions, i use it all the time and think it is great! they last for around 2-3 months and are easy to put in and take out unlike the single bonds, if you feel you want to give them a go PM me and I will give you more details, Nicole x

Hi there, have you ever thought of using Proflex tape? it is a double sided tape especially designed for hair extensions, i use it all the time and think it is great! they last for around 2-3 months and are easy to put in and take out unlike the single bonds, if you feel you want to give them a go PM me and I will give you more details, Nicole x

Good advice for the hair type!

Although hair extensions applied properly should not damage hair. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back