New hair extensionist - pricing help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all

I've been qualified for a few months now and so far have just done my 2 daughters hair and my sister and her girlfriend so haven't charged them. I am now wanting to start this as a business so need to get my pricing right. I have tried different types of hair and have settled with Hair Planet Indian Remy and Russian Gold and Remi Cachet Elegance and Ultra Tips. What does everyone tend to do charge wise? do you work out an hourly rate then add that to the price of the hair? If there is anyone who currently uses this hair I would really appreciate some advice and guidance with regards to pricing :)

xx

hi there,

I charge for the hair, delivery, beads, (fuel if mobile) and any aftercare products you will be providing (tangle tease etc) I don't think it's fair to charge per hour to begin with as you will take more time to begin with........ when I first started it took me about 3 1/2 hours to do a full head, now it only takes me 2 ..... I would get a set rate in mind - don't go too cheap or people will be hesitant to book with you because it makes you look desperate for business - maybe do a "spring offer" or something like that to get you going, tjen as you get more confident go back to your "normal rate"
I can't comment on the hair as I've not used these suppliers.
I hope this helps!!
good luck with your new venture xx

Hi Mollymoo

Thanks for your reply. Would you be able to PM the prices you charge so I can see what the general range is. I've looked on a few FB pages of other hair extensionists but they don't seem to have their prices showing. No problem if you would rather not :)xx

Hiya
My prices are set by the cost of the hair, it might be the case that you will need to do a price list with various prices if you use more than one supplier or different "grades" of hair I.e) Indian, Russian etc.
I include the hair cost (which I would use as a deposit) the cost of an aftercare pack and leave myself with £40 for micro and micro weft, £50 for nano beads as it takes me longer to do!
My prices are probably low in comparison to others in my area but I've not long started out and need the experience and photos of my work.
I do know another technician in my area who charges for the hair and then a large amount on the day for fitting which I'm assuming is her profit xx

Hello, you can visit Glamorous Lengths website http://glamorouslengths.com/ to see the price of hair extensions they offer and also tools/equipment they provide :) x

There are so many different prices on hair such as length grade colour etc so I do a set price that covers everything otherwise you're constantly pricing up and it can be a nightmare...check out other extensionists prices in your area, when u qualified I started charging around £30-£40 for fitting which has gradually increased, no I'm charging around £80-£100 but I include free maintenance appointments x

Latest posts

Back