New job FINALLY!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clare_bear

Reaction score
OMG new job FINALLY! am moving to a salon that uses l'oreal though so will have to learn some INOA stuff before i start.

am self employed in my current salon and will be employed in my new one.

what do u guys suggest is the best way to leave my current one? write a letter and leave it on the desk when i leave? Its awkward cos i dont want to have to go in for my last paycheck but I guess I will have to. Is gonna be sad because I love the girls i work with but old boss is a pain to work for cant handle it anymore, am going insane!

so any tips on how to leave? how'd u guys do it?

I think be honest, tell the boss yourself, or give the letter yourself. Just say that you have been offered a job that is a real progression, and it is to good an offer to turn down. Thank him for everything, then go. Try not to leave badly if you can.

Congrats on the new job.

Completely agree with Dawn tho and try and leave on the best of terms. You never know when you might need that employer for a reference or a favour in the future

I agree with everything that's been said above, I left my last salon on good terms and it makes things so much easier. I felt sick telling my boss I was leaving because she was like a sister to me but she appreciated my honesty. Good luck in your new job :)

Write up a formal letter saying when you will be leaving etc add something like i wish to thank you for all your kindness and support through out my employment and hand the letter to your boss-never ever leave on bad terms.CONGRATS on the new job good luck :)

Latest posts

Back