New laptop woes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deena

Reaction score
Finally gave in and accepted that I had to pension my five year old and much loved laptop off. Husband is a computer buff, so chose me a new fangled thing with a much higher spec and generally all singing all dancing.

Anyway, it's driving me mad. I get told it's 'Sensitive.' Sensitive, my **ss, it wants a jolly good kick up the **m!!!! :irked::grr:

The touch screen had to go, problem solved there. The mouse effort has a life of its own and whizzes all over the place. I am sat there minding my own business, trying to read on my usual sites and I suddenly find myself somewhere else that I've never heard of nor have any wish to - or my screen becomes enormous and I'm having to summons hubby to restore sanity to my web browsing.

I have had the thing for about three months, but had to go back to my elderly one after a few days of mayhem with it and just decided to give the new one another go, as the geriatric one is seriously gasping its last breaths and likely to keel over at any moment.:cry: So, I sit there, minding my own business yet again on salongeek and suddenly I'm snatched away to play some game somewhere in cyberspace. :irked:

Been using computers for years and whilst I know it can take time to get used to something new, this one really takes the biscuit big time.:eek:

Has anyone else had major trauma with a new laptop? :irked::irked: xx

Last edited:
I have these random things happen too, it's apparently a HP media laptop thing.
Think it likes my bracelet as it takes instructions from it, the calculator pops up at random, I get God knows what when I try and use the caps lock....:irked:
I use my ipad and iphone more than this but on this site the apps are limited.
My work laptop weighs 3 ton and gives me a bad back. I spend all day on computers. This is supposed to be progress, I hate the damn things lol

Thank God I'm not the only one! :eek: I hate this new fanged thing, too. Husband has given the old one CPR for now and tells me to just give the new one time, but how long? I KNOW how to use one after all these years, but as far as I'm concerned the new one might look impressive, sat there with it's sparkly keyboard - but it's so mindlessly wilful and downright disobedient! Wont do a damn thing it's told and the mousepad is so 'Sensitive' it just whizzes off on its own and slows me down so much trying to reign it in!

I suppose I'll just have to keep trying and, with his help, eventually get to grips with it by which time it'll probably be so old I'll need another one anyway! At the moment, I simply don't see this as 'Progress!' :grr:

Latest posts

Back