New nail tech here, lots of questions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are quite a few good ones, sarahlizzy. was your nail extension training brand specific or generic? x

I did a nail technician course which was generic but I've trained in Jessica geleration. But I was wanting to stay away from acrylic as its a small room I'm renting with no ventilation so I wanted a gel that's hard wearing to use over tips

Oh ok. I was only wondering as its a common misconception that a gel-polish course covers you to apply extensions and it doesn't. :)

I use CND brisa gel and would recommend that completely.

Oh ok. I was only wondering as its a common misconception that a gel-polish course covers you to apply extensions and it doesn't. :)

I use CND brisa gel and would recommend that completely.
Aw cool Thankyou

I use the CND uv lamp, I don't use led at the moment. But it's usually recommended that you use a lamp recommended for your chosen system

I use the CND uv lamp, I don't use led at the moment. But it's usually recommended that you use a lamp recommended for your chosen system
Ok thanks for all your help! :)

I can whole heartedly say I love Skyscraper gel for enhancements. Really hard wearing and its soak off. I've used CND brisa gel and Brisa lite and NSI's gel products in the past but none of them have compared to skyscraper in my opinion. I have used CND shellac for a long time but have swapped over to Gel ll at the end of 2014 because of the speed of the service and the vast colour range they offer also of memory serves me right gel ll is 5 free. I'm still trying to decide myself with acrylic! I love CND and Skyscraper products both are amazing. I personally have used each of the systems above in NSI and hated each product I don't like the way they apply, smell etc X

Last edited:
Nubar gelicure is excellent over tips I've been using it for 4 years now and never a problem.
Hi I bought the new cnd led lamp but it doesn't seem to be curing the gelicure :/ But I was told you can pretty much any lamp for gelicure. Any tips? Thanks

Hi I bought the new cnd led lamp but it doesn't seem to be curing the gelicure :/ But I was told you can pretty much any lamp for gelicure. Any tips? Thanks

The person who told you you can use pretty much any lamp for Gelicure was probably a Gelicure or Wholesalers Sales assistant who either didn't know what they were talking about, or did, but just wanted the sale anyway.

Every gel product will require its own unique intensity and wavelength of UV light to be properly and fully cured. The only way to achieve this is to use the lamp recommended by the manufacturer (not the sales assistants).

I'm not familiar with Gelicure but it is also possible that it a white label product meaning that it is produced by a lab and sold to many different companies who put their own labels and packaging on it to create their own brand of gel polish but it is the same formulation. If this is the case you can see why they would say pretty much any lamp will cure it , as pretty much all of the cheaper gel polishes are made by the same lab just packaged differently.

CND is unique in that it is the only nail company to have its on research and development labs, and produces unique formulations that no other brand can use. Therefore it makes sense that a CND lamp will not cure Gelicure as CND products and Gelicure will both need different amounts and wavelengths of UV light to be cured.

If you want to ensure a proper cure, and not invalidate your insurance and put you clients health at risk, you must use the lamp recommended by your manufacturer.

The person who told you you can use pretty much any lamp for Gelicure was probably a Gelicure or Wholesalers Sales assistant who either didn't know what they were talking about, or did, but just wanted the sale anyway.

Every gel product will require its own unique intensity and wavelength of UV light to be properly and fully cured. The only way to achieve this is to use the lamp recommended by the manufacturer (not the sales assistants).

I'm not familiar with Gelicure but it is also possible that it a white label product meaning that it is produced by a lab and sold to many different companies who put their own labels and packaging on it to create their own brand of gel polish but it is the same formulation. If this is the case you can see why they would say pretty much any lamp will cure it , as pretty much all of the cheaper gel polishes are made by the same lab just packaged differently.

CND is unique in that it is the only nail company to have its on research and development labs, and produces unique formulations that no other brand can use. Therefore it makes sense that a CND lamp will not cure Gelicure as CND products and Gelicure will both need different amounts and wavelengths of UV light to be cured.

If you want to ensure a proper cure, and not invalidate your insurance and put you clients health at risk, you must use the lamp recommended by your manufacturer.
Thanks, I'll just stick with the cnd

Thanks, I'll just stick with the cnd

If you are using just CND products that great, if you plan to use other brands of gel with the CND Lamp you should be aware that this will lead to service breakdown and an increased risk to an allergic reaction to the gel , which will invalidate your insurance should action be taken against you.

If you are using use CND products that great, if you plan to use other brands of gel with the CND Lamp you should be aware that this will lead to service breakdown and an increased risk to an allergic reaction to the gel , which will invalidate your insurance should action be taken against you.
Yea I've got cnd brisa and I'll get the shellac too

Latest posts

Back