New nail tech, need gel polish recommendations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paige18

Reaction score
Hi
Im new to nail tech and wanted toget some advice on what gels to use. I do like the gel bottle but they are expensive just for one bottle so have been looking at a few other brands that are cheaper just to start out with.

Has anyone used the Gelluv, bluesky or GDI?

Last edited:
You’re better off having a smaller collection of good quality products from a great brand than loads of poor quality ones. The support and help from your chosen brand can be priceless too! The Gel Bottle is really good, I use their gels and Gelish (both with the branded lights and full prep systems). Don’t skimp on quality, the longevity and how it performs is what matters to your client and what will keep them coming back.

I use Halo. Its amazing! Their bottles are 8ml rather than 15ml like most are so are cheaper which means u can buy twice as many!! x

INK London's iLac gel polishes are lovely and really good value too.

We use Nail Creation - Glamazone Shellac is fantastic and their Solid Lac pure Gel is almost indestructible and not too dear either. be careful of going too cheap - if they go wrong and you are new to it, it will dent your confidence - been there - i know!!!!

Hi
Im new to nail tech and wanted toget some advice on what gels to use. I do like the gel bottle but they are expensive just for one bottle so have been looking at a few other brands that are cheaper just to start out with.

Has anyone used the Gelluv, bluesky or GDI?

I use Lilly Nails :) I love the colors and customers get the normal 3+ weeks wear (although some only get 2 weeks), and they apply like a dream. Removal takes longer than a brand like Shellac (which I find to be less hard wearing, though), so you'd need to break into the top layer well, before applying wraps. Then again, I don't do as much gel polish services, as most my customers want sculpted nails, but I use Lilly Nails for that too and I'm overall happy with the brand.

Latest posts

Back