NEW Professional Beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO nails should be separate or at least a separate part of the mag. Surely there is room for more than one nails maazine in the UK?

PB have been back and forth with this for years .. together -apart -together apart. But for now, we should be glad that we have an editor who is interested in nails and it is early days ... don't condem it out of hand and lets see how it unfolds over thenext few months .. you may all be singing a different tune by then. :lol:

I think it should be separated too. I love reading all about nails, i felt like i was picking through PB. If it had is own section i would have be alot happier.

I will reserve judgement as my subscription does not expire until August.

We (as a nails industry) fought really hard to have a stand alone qualification in nails. We did not want it to be an afterthought of the beauty qualification.

Surely this is now a backward step with the magazine. As I said in my reply to the other thread on this, I think there should be a beauty section, a "business" section and a nails section. This way we can all benefit from the business advice and read the sections we are interested in rather than having to pick out a bit from this page and then another little bit from the next page etc.

As to the Insider bit, although it was interesting to read - I was confused - if I am right in thinking they were comparing nail salons, beauty salons and spas. Lots of nail salons have one person whereas spas have many therapists - this is not comparing apples with apples in my opinion. If they had clarified it and included say average numbers of staff then it would have been more usable.

I didn't like it either. I can see the benefit if you also offer Beauty Treatments, but there wasn't enough Nail related articles for my liking. I agree the business features are good, but not good enough to retain my subscription.

Hated it too ....massive disappointment and certainly won't be renewing my subscription. I too enjoyed PB but to me, this new magazine is generally about beauty (and a lot of ads) with the 'odd' snippet of nail info.

:irked:

Latest posts

Back