New salon job - opening day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LocksOfLove

Reaction score
Hello all!

I've just accepted to take on a room at a local beauty salon doing hair extensions, I'm so excited. I start on 7th Feb but don't open to clients until the 8th. On the 7th I'm going in to train the receptionists a little on my background and a little info on extensions so they can take my bookings and answer small queries on the phone. It's a beauty salon and they have nothing hair related so it's they're all excited (especially the owner) to offer a new service.

I'm only part time for now as I don't want to pay rent for a week and not have any clients so to start its Fridays and Saturdays until I get on my feet so when I'm not there the girls can take bookings for consultations etc.

Anyway, the owner has told me to get loads of promotional stuff so I can advertise in her salon and in surrounding businesses (local gym, offices etc) I'm going to get leaflets and posters designed by Verve and going to order window stickers etc from balmain.

I have an idea for an opening day and just wondered what you thought and if you have anymore ideas.

The idea is to advertise before that on my opening day to give people a tester of extensions to do colour flashes, a small charge to cover the costs and any profit to be donated to a charity close to my heart (the cardiomyopathy association) I was thinking of getting loads of different colours red, pink, purples blues etc. and do a quick straighten or curl afterwards, if I get people to book or let me know in advance and if I think I'll be busy get the lovely Jojemac to help me (thanks Jo!) the flashes will only be small do a price per 5 strands so if they want it bigger they can etc.

The owner is going to promote me on her business page etc..

What is your thoughts and do you have any more ideas?

Thanks,

Olletta xxx

Hi hun! Im about to take a chair to base myself from & am making up bags with sample strands, price lists, info and a money off voucher 8n. Possibly a sachet sample of my aftercare range. Im enlisting friends on yhe the opening day to go out on the street ( printed tees & balloons) to promote & pull people in for free consultations!
I figure that way I also have the promo materials (tees etc) for future promo x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi hun! Im about to take a chair to base myself from & am making up bags with sample strands, price lists, info and a money off voucher 8n. Possibly a sachet sample of my aftercare range. Im enlisting friends on yhe the opening day to go out on the street ( printed tees & balloons) to promote & pull people in for free consultations!
I figure that way I also have the promo materials (tees etc) for future promo x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's great never thought of little goody bags :) I will look into it. I've already placed my order with options otherwise I would have ordered mini shampoos and conditioners :( didn't think of that at the time! Xx

Anyone got any more ideas? Xx

I am also starting with a chair on 8th - congrats! I haven't really done much apart from cross promoting on facebook and already have consults in for my first day.

I think the gift bags are a great idea, I am also getting some posters/leaflets printed but other than that I cant think of much else.

I hope it goes well for you both x

I am also starting with a chair on 8th - congrats! I haven't really done much apart from cross promoting on facebook and already have consults in for my first day.

I think the gift bags are a great idea, I am also getting some posters/leaflets printed but other than that I cant think of much else.

I hope it goes well for you both x

God there's a few of us! Congratulations and good luck :)

I don't know whether to run a competition on my FB like £50 off a full head or free fitting or something. I don't know whether the colour flashes will be popular but it's always worth a try. Going to get leaflets made and printed (I'm thinking of a trifold price menu) and posters etc. ?? Xxx

Latest posts

Back