New salon setup

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marioned

Reaction score
A friend is thinking of opening a new salon, with hair and nails, waxing, etc. She is wanting to rent out a chair or two for the hair side of things. The hairdresser(s) will have full use of the reception.

The questions are
1. what would a hairdresser expect to have provided for them with regards stock, equipment etc?
2. should she have written into the contracts something about the use & replacement of equipment or would they prefer to provide their own?

Thnks for reading! xx

The dressers in the salon i'm in pay a rent for the chair and provide their own stock, a couple of them use shop stock & pay per use (the others prefer a different brand). They also use their own dryers & straightners.....

There are other bits of equip that do belong to the shop: hood dryers, towels and the such...

Not sure if that helps but it may xx

Thanks for the info. So, there are a few ways of doing it then. Anyone else?

hi i am in the process of doing the same as your friend in the city centre (glasgow) i do it two ways but i prefer that the hairdressers use all the same brands shop provided, they use their own tools sissors ect towels provided by us and anything else they dont have, the cut is for a new hairdresser with no client base 50-50. i also have one who rents a chair on a daily basis (he has a client base) and he pays £60 per day, i hope this gives you an idea, usually its easier for both of you if you do a percentage especially if the stylist has no client base, but i would be flexible the key to a good salon is the staff so keep them happy:) good luck

Thanks for the info Sepherenia, I'll pass this on to my pal. x

Oh and good luck to you too! x

Latest posts

Back