New salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almondbeauty2016

Reaction score
Hey guys - im pretty new to salon geek so please bare with me :) I have been a beauty therapist for 10 years and have done a bit of mobile over the years though I am due to move into my first house where I really want to do most of my treatments from home.

I wanted to call my business Almond Beauty (incoporating my new address) though not sure wether it is striking enough??? what are your thoughts?

I will be offering a range of beauty treatments including shellac, waxing, manicures, pedicures and Nouveau extend, express and LVL

Any advice on beginning a new business from home will be greatly appreciated guys :) thankyou

Hi There . .

I like the name, especially if it links in with your address so it is somewhat obvious why you called it that name. That way people will (a) remember it and (b) people will be able to find you easily.

It is worth just checking whether there are any restrictions on you running a business from your home. There shouldn't be a problem, but some new build developments have restrictions. Worth just checking with your solicitor during purchase so you are not surprised further down the line.

Other than that, what things do you think you might need advice on? How are you for clients, marketing, pricing etc?

I can recommend checking out SalonBusinessSecrets.com for advice, ideas and information about starting your own beauty business, but (full disclosure) it is my site so I might be a little biased! [emoji3]

-Adam

Hey guys - im pretty new to salon geek so please bare with me :) I have been a beauty therapist for 10 years and have done a bit of mobile over the years though I am due to move into my first house where I really want to do most of my treatments from home.

Welcome, and congratulations on your first house and new business venture!

I wanted to call my business Almond Beauty (incoporating my new address) though not sure wether it is striking enough??? what are your thoughts?

It's a nice name that I think people will remember. Another benefit it's a nice name that doesn't limit you to your street, but is an added bonus.

I will be offering a range of beauty treatments including shellac, waxing, manicures, pedicures and Nouveau extend, express and LVL

Any advice on beginning a new business from home will be greatly appreciated guys :) thankyou

Learn how to build a brand and market that brand. Evaluate what kind of clientele are you wanting to have, then develop a business plan to help you achieve it.

Invest some time in building a website, marketing material (e.g. postcards to mail), photographing your clients for portfolio artwork for use in marketing material, networking (e.g. partnering with a local charity, or joining a small business owner group), and optimizing your search engine. Also read up on the rules and regulations in your town on running a business out of your home.

If you do not feel comfortable that doing above will properly project your brand and execute your business plan, I would then recommend you get in contact with someone who can accomplish this for you.

Here is the most two important things a business owner can do: read, and ask! I think you're already on the right track!

Latest posts

Back