New Shellac Express Top Coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

packerfan

Reaction score
What is the difference between the new top coat and the old one I know it is for the new led lamp but you can also use the old top coat also with the new lamp!

You can use both top coats with both lamps as far as I understand. The new one removes in just 5 minutes so is much quicker. Also I believe it is harder wearing and shinier. Hope that helps.

Thanks Ruth!!!

Creative Academy in Manchester put together this graph with CND top coat differences...

Hope this helps :)

Attachments

• top coat - lauren chart.jpg
    top coat - lauren chart.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 293
I'm loving the new Express 5 top coat! It really does come off in just 5 minutes, looks shinier and is thinner so lovely to apply :)

Anyone experiencing any yellowing with the new top coat? X

Hmm we are noticing it has a yellow tinge to it. Here's a quick pic. Be interesting to see If anyone else has an issue x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1433448426.138811.jpg

That could have been caused by any number of things she has come into contact with since having them done. Spices, fake tan, curry, lilies, hair dye etc

Interestingly it hasn't yellowed all over evenly either, it's just one area of the nail so I'd put it down to something she's done.

I had a client back today that had Brisa Lite sculpting gel on with Cream puff French and Xpress5 top coat and they were an awful grubby shade of yellow that she said started to turn after one week. I've not had anyone return with a light colour on that's yellowed so I went through the list of possibilities with her that she might have done like spray tan, tanning bed or bleach without gloves etc and she's not done or used any of them and she's been a client for years so I trust what she says!!

Last edited:
That could have been caused by any number of things she has come into contact with since having them done. Spices, fake tan, curry, lilies, hair dye etc

Interestingly it hasn't yellowed all over evenly either, it's just one area of the nail so I'd put it down to something she's done.

Thanks for your feedback, but this is my toe, and I am pretty sure I've not done any of the above. I will post another picture when I am in the salon of it in the bottle x

Here is a blob of each top coat. On the left is the shellac & the right shellac xpress. X
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1433512483.261914.jpg

Interesting picture, the Shellac Xpress has definitly another shade than the old one.

I can`t say anything about the Xpress, I am using the old top coat at the moment. Next order will buy the new one.

Just cam back from a class and she said that it is yellow to protect the product from the sun. But the yellow gets neutralized when cured properly. so that might mean that your bulbs are old or you are using a different lamp. There was an interesting article on proper curing in nails magazine. that it can seem cure but isn't fully.

Just cam back from a class and she said that it is yellow to protect the product from the sun. But the yellow gets neutralized when cured properly. so that might mean that your bulbs are old or you are using a different lamp. There was an interesting article on proper curing in nails magazine. that it can seem cure but isn't fully.
Mmmmmm! I can understand that but I'm using the new CND LED lamp so that doesn't apply to me I'm afraid

I too am curing in the new cnd led lamp. X

and you are using the #3 button? Have you called the company? Because i did what you did and put the two topcoats next to each other and saw the yellow. but after i cured it was gone. also i am jelous you already have your lamp because when using the led lamp the new topcoat is suppose to make even shinier!

I relooked at your picture and i also thought it was strange that the yellow wasnt all over. Maybe the topcoat application is too thick and so your not getting a good cure. Sorry i really wanted to help :(

I relooked at your picture and i also thought it was strange that the yellow wasnt all over. Maybe the topcoat application is too thick and so your not getting a good cure. Sorry i really wanted to help :(
Mmm I think u could be right about the application being too thick as it not happened on anyone else with light all over colours and the client I did that the yellowing happened to was on a French so I could've put it on thicker to try and disguise the slight raise over the White!! Good thinking, its definitely a possibility and a good reason for it occurring

Latest posts

Back