New shop next to 'massage parlour' help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trixiebellewax

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, i really need your advice!
I currently rent a room and have been desperately searching for a salon of my own since January but nothing suitable has come up as shops in my area and price range are limited. Im going to view a shop today that might be perfect. It's near where I am now, nicer shop fronts, wider path, parking at front of shop and down the side, crossing outside shop. Here's the downside. . . . Theres a 'massage parlour' next door! Its been there years, No signage on it and shutters always down so very discreet. Do you think it would put clients off or would they even notice or care?
If anyone asked I would just say its offices ;-)

If people know what it is then I think it would put people off.

There's a place in a town near by and everyone know what it is even though it doesn't have a feign and always has the shutters down etc.

Think about it carefully and speak to people who you know who live near it and get their opinion.

If you offer massage you may get a few of the wrong type of massage clients contact you aswell.

That's only my opinion though :)

:)

How do people get into this place? Back door or front?

There is one in the nearby town. Everybody knows it's there. You don't want to become known as the salon next to that dodgy massage parlour.

We shared our premises with a film crew. I thought it would be fine (at the time we were renting the smaller end of a barn and they were in the bigger end). The disruption for only two weeks was awful. Smoking outside, shouting, loads of cars etc. It helped us to decide to rent the whole premises but for you, you would be stuck there.

Ask people who's opinion you trust who know the place.

You don't want to have waited for the right premises to find it's the wrong premises.

Good luck

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

mmm it's not an ideal spot. Imagine if they went into the wrong place by mistake? it amazes me when people cant find my work and its on a main road :/

I personally wouldnt no matter how good the opportunity

but good luck

In a word, avoid.

Location is everything, hence the wide range in shop rents.

I wouldn't! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm opposite a strip club and it doesn't affect me plus I close when they open :) if it's a nice part of town and this is the only minor prob I'd still go for it. Do your SWOT analysis and see if it's the threat or weakness.

It wouldn't put me off x

Hi, thanks for all your advice:)
After a long think about it my partner and I have decided its a no go, as theres a pub a few doors up as well, didn't realise how close it was. Also a friend pointed out to me, imagine if we were mid treatment and if we could hear goings on next door! Hahaha.
Looks like the search for the perfect place is still on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back