New silk lift control

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allies dream

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm just about to put my order in to Goldwell, and was wondering if anyone has tried the new Silk Lift Control........it says it tones while lifting virgin or tinted hair. Any good? Thanks in advance

Hi everyone, I'm just about to put my order in to Goldwell, and was wondering if anyone has tried the new Silk Lift Control........it says it tones while lifting virgin or tinted hair. Any good? Thanks in advance
I got mine in last week but couldn't use it on the client I had in mind as they didn't send me the activators! Have got them now so just waiting for an opportunity. Was shocked at the price though and they charge for the activator too which seems odd as you can't use one without the other. They need to be amazing to justify the cost! I'm getting a little bit disheartened with the service I'm getting off goldwell at the mo and my rep is no help. After reading all the wella threads on here I'm thinking I might be ready for a change!

I got mine in last week but couldn't use it on the client I had in mind as they didn't send me the activators! Have got them now so just waiting for an opportunity. Was shocked at the price though and they charge for the activator too which seems odd as you can't use one without the other. They need to be amazing to justify the cost! I'm getting a little bit disheartened with the service I'm getting off goldwell at the mo and my rep is no help. After reading all the wella threads on here I'm thinking I might be ready for a change!
The rep has just sent me the price wow I can't justify it I was going to see if I can just order the tone control bit because I've already got the silk lift complete set, I haven't used much of it as I have to charge more for a service with it, never ceases to amaze me that clients won't choose the least damaging option. Wella does seem easier to get everywhere.

The activator seems the same for both bleaches so must mean it's the bleaches that are different. I charge an extra £10 if I use it but yes most clients want the cheaper option! It's hard, I want to use premium products but I'm not sure that the extra cost makes it worthwhile to be honest!

The activator seems the same for both bleaches so must mean it's the bleaches that are different. I charge an extra £10 if I use it but yes most clients want the cheaper option! It's hard, I want to use premium products but I'm not sure that the extra cost makes it worthwhile to be honest!
By the pictures I thought the different bit was just a powder that you add for toning, would you mind letting me know how it works when they sort your order out! They left bits out of mine last time to. I love colorance to bits though especially the greys I'm actually getting more clients in their 50's who've never had colour before impressive in a small village. x

Any news on this yet? I got my delivery yesterday! I have 1/2 head in later, she's natural 6 root, with previous silk lift strong & 6% highlights flooded with 6.3, which to use... :rolleyes: I'm thinking beige? The previous hl are not white

I haven't used the beige yet as all the clients I have used it on so far have a build up of colour or want really ashy blonde. I have found it true to the shade chart swatch that comes with it. I had a client yesterday booked for full head foils over phone, wanted "caramel blondes' couple of colours. I had only cut her hair once before a few months before and couldn't remember her over phone but it was loreal casting on it in a really vibrant red on a level 6! I told her she should have booked a colour correction as ideally I needed to cleanse etc but didn't have time yesterday so told her it would be a work in progress, made no promises but used the ash with 6% back & 9% top & sides, it lifted exactly as the shade chart predicted which was about an 8g so still pretty warm but she was happy! Left it about 50 mins, didn't want to leave it on any longer as reccomended is 45. I also find it doesn't go very far, had to mix up 3 times!
I don't think Inwoukd buy the normal one when its run out, will just stick with the ash. Let me know how u get on with beige!

I used it on dark hair for 25 min then applied more for another 20min then it was silver just what he wanted.x Love it. That was the beige

Silk lift control ash sorry

I'm in love with this stuff now! Used the beige the other day on lv5 tinted and it turned a beautiful caramel, then used the ash today on a virgin 6 :rolleyes: just beautiful! Can't upload pic it's too large :(

By the pictures I thought the different bit was just a powder that you add for toning, would you mind letting me know how it works when they sort your order out! They left bits out of mine last time to. I love colorance to bits though especially the greys I'm actually getting more clients in their 50's who've never had colour before impressive in a small village. x
The powder is coloured in the tub, u add peroxide & then when u pump the special stuff into it it turns navy blue! Results are lush but u can't see how it's developing without scraping it off

;)
The powder is coloured in the tub, u add peroxide & then when u pump the special stuff into it it turns navy blue! Results are lush but u can't see how it's developing without scraping it off
Thanks Kahuna ill have a think about trying it, been saving my pennies for olaplex

;)
Thanks Kahuna ill have a think about trying it, been saving my pennies for olaplex
I was under the impression olaplex was reasonably cheap?? Am I wrong lol? ..... I best get saving too!

I was under the impression olaplex was reasonably cheap?? Am I wrong lol? ..... I best get saving too!
Well I had a look on the american site not cheap ! Just waiting to find out :eek:

Well I had a look on the american site not cheap ! Just waiting to find out :eek:

Keep in mind, the large kit contains enough for a minimum of 70 applications. This averages out to between $3 and $5 per application with upcharges ranging anywhere from $10-40 additionally to use No.1 and No.2.

Omg, I wonder what % peroxide they used. I normally use 6% and (v.naughty) but don't even wear gloves as its so gentle it doesn't irritate my skin at all!

Oh my god that's terrible! Cheapskate!

After extensive searching, I've finally found a way to get my hands on the new silk lifts in the USA... I was wondering though... Did you guys add the normal serum too? So excited to try it out when I receive it!

After extensive searching, I've finally found a way to get my hands on the new silk lifts in the USA... I was wondering though... Did you guys add the normal serum too? So excited to try it out when I receive it!
The serum for silk lift is in a different bottle to the silklift control one, I'll check the ingredients later tho see if they are the same, you do need the serum to get the right results tho I do know that :)

I finally was able to get it here in the US.... This lightener is amazing! I inserted a pic, 55 minutes processing time I was able to get to a level 9 with no orange/gold! Unheard of for me.... I toned with colorance and love the results.... Before, it took so many applications to get where I needed to be... Europe is so lucky they get everything first! :p

Attachments

• 11951291_989564294399894_6852108651171783892_n.jpg
    11951291_989564294399894_6852108651171783892_n.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 100

Latest posts

Back