New to acrylics monomer smell problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chreina

Mobile nail technician
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I have a big problem smelling the liquid from acrylics but I really like them a lot feel that I need to practice a lot but I can't stand the smell yesterday I was almost sick for couple of hours. Any suggestions would be really appreciate. I have heard that CND and cjp is better but I don't want to spend money and not get used them.thank you

Hi ladies, I have a big problem smelling the liquid from acrylics but I really like them a lot feel that I need to practice a lot but I can't stand the smell yesterday I was almost sick for couple of hours. Any suggestions would be really appreciate. I have heard that CND and cjp is better but I don't want to spend money and not get used them.thank you
Hey chreina - sadly smell is part of the L&P system - it's a bit like bleaching hair but hating the smell of ammonia - it's part of the package. You may want to swap to gel that has no smell at all. We do all aspect of CND and would be delighted to help you with classes. Let us know - sweetsquared.com

Also make sure you sit in a well ventilated room so you don't trap the vapour and the odour in!
I always work with a window open.

You need to look into gel extensions. You can achieve the same looks with hard gel or soakable gel. No odor. I only use soakable softer gel because I don't want the dust in my salon but with proper dust collector systems hard gels can do amazing things.

Hi, I think CJP monomer smells quite strong but got my cnd trial kit today and I really think it is the lowest odour monomer I have come across so far x

I found cjp odour less than others I've used before but it is how monomer smells I'm afraid.
I do back to back appointments all day and can't smell it now however it gives me reflux and always has, even as a client.

Latest posts

Back