New to acrylics need advice/assurance!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayDG

Reaction score
Hi all, I have recently qualified in acrylics and now offer this at a reduced rate as I take longer than the standard time, but I am shocked that it took me 5hours the other day to do a full set!!!, is this normal or am I really kidding myself that I am cut out for this?, and will get my time down to what is acceptable?

5 hours is a bit too long. What seems to be taking the longest

Hi all, I have recently qualified in acrylics and now offer this at a reduced rate as I take longer than the standard time, but I am shocked that it took me 5hours the other day to do a full set!!!, is this normal or am I really kidding myself that I am cut out for this?, and will get my time down to what is acceptable?
I've been doing my nails since December I still take 3 hours. Can't seem to cut it down. Filling seems to take forever as I'm scared still that I will get skin. I suppose as you get more experience these things will get easier and quicker, at least that's what I hope. X

Are u doing it on your family members? As I used to find my mum was the worse she was always tense and moaned if the file even slightly hit her nail

Have done my daughter but she hasn't been a bother, the lady I had the other day was an aquaintance through my slimming club, I apologies to her after she had left about the time it took and she said it was not a problem and she was delighted with her nails, i know the problem is my building of the acrylic, I.e too much then I'm filing too long to get them perfect, I do have a friend who says I'm too fussy but I just don't want to send anyone away with badly shaped nails for my own piece of mind and of course advertisement, vickey I would be delighted to get down to 3 hours [emoji23]x

Try using less product,
Try slant the nail downward so product flows down away from cuticle are
This will avoid over filing cuticle area as you don't get product near the cuticles.
Practice your pick up ball ratio and methods on a piece of paper so you know how much liquid to have in your brush and powder to know how much product will be left of your nail.
So to judge how much each needs and save you filing it off in the end.

Also over filing in my opinion can hurt your client nails the over stimulation will make them quite painful the night or day after having them done. So remember to tell your clients that incase they experience this.

Latest posts

Back