New to Eyelash Extensions help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenbeautyroo

Reaction score
Hi
I have just done my individual lash training with flirties. I've only done 3 sets. Main problems im experiencing is that I do a lash and then it seems to stick to the other ones nearby. How long do you hold it seperate for before moving on? And also the underside of the lashes are sticking to the gel pad and are pulling little gummy bits up which are getting stuck to the lashes.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Hi
I have just done my individual lash training with flirties. I've only done 3 sets. Main problems im experiencing is that I do a lash and then it seems to stick to the other ones nearby. How long do you hold it seperate for before moving on? And also the underside of the lashes are sticking to the gel pad and are pulling little gummy bits up which are getting stuck to the lashes.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Hi

Try taping up the eyelids slightly using micropore to slightly lift the lashes off the pads. Also make sure you are working one eye and then the other to give the lashes time to dry.

Remember to do your frame so you shouldn't be lashing immediately next to one you have just done, giving the lashes more time to dry.

Hi there welcome to the wonderful world of lashes.
It sounds as if you may be using a little too much glue which could cause these problems.
This is a problem many of us had when first starting out. The more glue you use the longer it takes to dry. Although I have not used the flirties glue myself I take it as your new to lash you won’t be using the quick setting one yet? So it will take a little longer to dry maybe 5-10 seconds of isolation needed. Have you got a blower to help with drying? This would speed things up a little.
As for your lashes sticking to your gel pads this. If the person doesn’t have rather straight lashes or lashes that point downwards onto the pads. Then it might be too much glue again. Simply lift the lash up off the pad whilst waiting for it to dry. During your application lift the lashes off the pads every now and again. If you get your lady to move her head to one side and use your tweezers to gently lift up the lashes you will be able to see if you have any lashes attached to the pad.
Hope this helps :hug:xx

I trained with Flirties, and you are probably using their sensitive glue?? Once you start using the expert strength glue (when you are confident in your application), you will find the problem of the lashes sticking together stops as the glue is quick drying. They supplied me with some gel collagen eyepads, and I had the same problem of bits of the pads getting stuck to the lashes/glue. I changed pads - started buying from Lashbase - they are much thinner, which I think was the problem, the others were too thick. Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back