New to mobile waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy Orange

Reaction score
I'm looking to branch out from my mobile massage, facials & standard mani/ pedis into waxing as well. Before I book the Capital Course in October Cani ask a do few questions regarding the practicalities of mobile waxing?
Does the wax need to be warmed prior to arriving at a clients?
Is there a best sort of wax pot to use?
Do I need more than one pot?
How do you transport the wax - especially after the treatment as I'm Assuming it's still a little liquid.
Is it best to take my couch? Am thinking yes as its more professional and would be easier for me.
Are there any other treatments that waxing is combined with that are popular ?
Any and every thought and advice we'd be appreciated before I do take the plunge !

I'll.try and answer a few qu's yea always heat up before you leave as time is money and you don't want to be waiting at a clients house for it to heat up. Always take your own couch as well,along with something to out on the floor just in case of wax drizzles' or spillages. I used to put my wax in a bag which enclosed it snuggly but there is a thread on here on how people transport their wax pots with good ideas. X

Thanks. I will play with timings regarding heating up and practice what to carry pot around in. Good tip on the wax dribble. Would you suggest a bed sheet or a perhaps a plastic cover sheet - like the ones used for covering stuff during painting

Always heat the wax before you leave. Work out how far you are travelling as you want it to be the correct temp when there. This just takes experience and will come with time. You need more than one pot if you use more than one wax. I use hot and warm wax so have two pots. Warm wax is like water when heated so I tend to travel with the pot only half filled or if a busy day then full but only half melted. The aim is to not be waiting at a clients for it to heat up. Hot wax takes a while to melt.

I take my own couch. I spray it with anti-bac before and after the client, I want them to know I'm serious about hygiene as any other salon. It takes a second.

I have a box, which is small. I can carry in one hand. In it I have my 2 wax pots (1 litre), box of spatulas, metal spatula, pre and post lotion, cotton pads, some gloves, bin bags, anti bac spray and tweezers.
In my boot I have a box which has all my back ups of disposables and also containers with barbicide in it. When I come out of the clients I refill any gloves etc into my pot I take to the clients and put any items into the barbicide.

My box then goes on the floor in front of my passengers seat.

I hope this all makes sense. It's tricky and hard work doing it mobile. Make sure you are organised and bare in mind you might have to do a few trips to and from the car depending on where the client lives.

Latest posts

Back