New to Nails - and I need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaynesavage

Reaction score
HI, just found this site and i can see that everyone is very helpful and friendly - which is good cause i am sooo confused!
I want to starting doing to manicure/ped for a living, but i am happy to start slowly, but i need to find the right training, and i want a proper qualification, so i can get work in a saloon to learn the trade to a high standard. where do i start?
My first problem is work, i need a course that i can complete in one go - not over several weeks at night or during the day. (basically i can take a week off work and get down to it!) is this possible? then i want to go on a learn artificial nail work, but which one???
I live in Cheshire - any ideas??
;)

Have you checked at your nearest nails supplier? A lot of them do courses that are for a couple of days at a time?

to be honest i wouldn;t know where to start looking - I mean I don;t know any product names - I love doing my friends nails, but they are all natural and i just use shop brands!!

hi and welcome to the site.
if you are able to take a week off then why not do the Creative foundation course, you will learn intensively and thoroughly and then be able to go on to do further training afterwards.
www.designernails.co.uk will have all of the info, ring on Monday and ask them to send you a folio of the training and education available.

Hi ya!

Welcome to the site! why not look into some of the Creative courses as they usually last a few days and then a follow up day a few weeks later im not sure of the details but im sure a creative geek can help you out.

I wouldnt advise doing a course that only lasts a day and costs a fortune. Whatever training you choose be very careful and make sure you look into every aspect of the course as there are some cowboys out there.

You have found a great site us Geeks will help to steer you in the right direction.

glittergirl said:
Hi ya!

Welcome to the site! why not look into some of the Creative courses as they usually last a few days and then a follow up day a few weeks later im not sure of the details but im sure a creative geek can help you out.

I wouldnt advise doing a course that only lasts a day and costs a fortune. Whatever training you choose be very careful and make sure you look into every aspect of the course as there are some cowboys out there.

You have found a great site us Geeks will help to steer you in the right direction.

Yeah I agree but beware of course that last 20 weeks at 3 hours a week as well!

I have seen Creative mentioned quite a bit, so I will on the phone to them first thing Monday!! I just couldn't find them on the net before now

Thank you

Latest posts

Back