New to nails and using Shellac - had a few problems, feel disheartned

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello just checking you've removed your blue film properly from the cnd lamp I didn't remove all of it and it caused my nails to not cure properly I felt like such a dougnut luckily I had some lovely geeks that helped me :o:o:p

Hello just checking you've removed your blue film properly from the cnd lamp I didn't remove all of it and it caused my nails to not cure properly I felt like such a dougnut luckily I had some lovely geeks that helped me :o:o:p

I think I have but will take another look . Thanks

In general, if the product is popping off whole even using the correct lamp , you need to make sure you PEP properly , and/or you are probably applying the product layers too thickly.
Don't forget the CND Shellac brand 14+ day nail colour coat isn't just using the CND lamp, base, colour and top coat...the PEP products and solar oil are all part of the system ...Use the whole system to get the best results

I know you said you are just starting out but it will save you more money in the long term investing in a conversion course now

In general, if the product is popping off whole even using the correct lamp , you need to make sure you PEP properly , and/or you are probably applying the product layers too thickly.
Don't forget the CND Shellac brand 14+ day nail colour coat isn't just using the CND lamp, base, colour and top coat...the PEP products and solar oil are all part of the system ...Use the whole system to get the best results

I know you said you are just starting out but it will save you more money in the long term investing in a conversion course now

Thanks. I started this thread originally ages ago now. & must say I am def more confident with what I'm doing etc. I have also realised that not every person will get on with shellac so I can't beat myself up about it. I can see where I have made errors so I'm getting there. Now deciding if my lift proners would like ibx or brisa lite?

I just typed a big comment back & it disappeared so here goes again!I posted this original thread ages ago now & can now say I'm happy with what I'm doing. I understand not every single client will get in with shellac. & i can't beat myself up about it. I have to decide whether to offer these clients ibx or brisa lite? My only niggle now is removal. Def tajes longer than 10 mins & doesn't peel magically like the you tube vids!

Latest posts

Back