New to nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterfly1

Reaction score
I am about to do a Gel nail course, and i must say im very excited. i am a make up artist by trade with a very boreing day job in insurance YAWN! but it pays the bills, was doing a little research about products, and gel seems to be the way to go, although a few people are having problems with soaking them off? . any problems people incounted learning Gel nails? and does any body know of a good supplier?

really just looking for and support or help Ie DONT DO's OR DO DO's

Welcome to the board.

It is best if you go to your course with an open mind rather than be too full of preconceived ideas from here.

For one, most gels dont soak off, they need to be filed off.

Who are you training with - it will probably be best to stick with the gel you are trained with while you are learning. This way you will be able to get support from your trainers, hopefully.

If you are very new and flitting around with different products then you might not know whether your problems are down to you or your product.

who are you going to do your training with? some gels need buffing off and others are soaked off. you will be advised on your training whether the gel you are using needs soaking or buffing.

I am about to do a Gel nail course, and i must say im very excited. i am a make up artist by trade with a very boreing day job in insurance YAWN! but it pays the bills, was doing a little research about products, and gel seems to be the way to go, although a few people are having problems with soaking them off? . any problems people incounted learning Gel nails? and does any body know of a good supplier?

really just looking for and support or help Ie DONT DO's OR DO DO's

Who are you doing your course with?? You can normally buy from your trainer.

It's hard to tell you of "problems" with gel nails, I think once you get on the course you will then come across things that you find difficult and easy, then is the time to come and ask the questions i.e Why is my gel cloudy?, Why does it peel away from the free edge? etc.

Good luck with the course,

Teri x:hug:

Welcome to the board.

It is best if you go to your course with an open mind rather than be too full of preconceived ideas from here.

For one, most gels dont soak off, they need to be filed off.

Who are you training with - it will probably be best to stick with the gel you are trained with while you are learning. This way you will be able to get support from your trainers, hopefully.

If you are very new and flitting around with different products then you might not know whether your problems are down to you or your product.

beat me too it! and explained better than me.
i keep getting timed out when posting!

Im doing the course with NCC - its a home learning course. i would love to train at a college ect but its hard when you work 9-6 monday to friday. and all the 2 day courses dont actuly seem to be indepth enough. i will be using Dream gel products which offer to types soak off or normal. i will deffinatly ask questions as and when the problems arise:) still excited!

Latest posts

Back