New to tanning-how much do you charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel-a

Reaction score
Hi, I've done my practice tans and dare I say I'm just about ready to be let loose with paying clients.
Thinking of doing an introductory offer of maybe £10 a tan?? Please can you tell me what you lovely ladies charge? Do you charge one set price for all solutions you use? Or do you charge more for the premium solutions/fast tans and slightly less for the less expensive solutions? I don't want to price myself too high/low.
Thanks

A lot depends on where in the country you are, if you are salon or home or mobile based and what products you are using and what the competition is like. I do Sienna X and we were advised to not charge less than £15, and on average to charge £20-25. I started off doing freebies for friends and now charge £20 at my home or £25 if I go to someone else's and people think this is fair (I am in London). £10 is very cheap!!!!!

Thanks for your reply. I will be mobile. I live just outside of Manchester, I've had a look at some of the other mobile tanning ladies near me and they charge as little as £12-£15. I will be using either LA Tan, Skinny Tan and Nouvatan. They have been my favourite so far. £10 would be my introductory price for maybe the first couple of weeks

Do a few freebies on friends and when you are confident get out there and start as you mean to go on. Charge what a decent tanner would charge. Dont be too cheap, people might think you are rubbish. I only use LA tan 12%, 14% and fast and charge the same price for all , £20.

I agree with @Spray tan jane .

When I started to switch brands I introduced clients slowly and instead of my usual €20 I charged €12 and they all came back and loved it The first timers I will do a deal if I feel it's appropriate but €20 is my price.

Thanks for your reply ladies. Definitely helped. I'm loving LA Tan, I sprayed my friends (for free) with 10% and 12% and they love it. Prefer the brown to golden though. Thanks again

Hi. Thank you so much for your lovely comments about our solution. Good luck with your business and if you need any help or advise just let us know. Pricing seems to vary from area to area so good to just find out how much everyone else is charging.
Happy Spraying.

Hi,
Thanks so much. Yeah it's interesting to see what prices are in other areas.
Prices are definitely competitive around my area.

Hi,
Thanks so much. Yeah it's interesting to see what prices are in other areas.
Prices are definitely competitive around my area.

You are always going to have competition, but be the best and be different. All my clients call me a perfectionist cause I am I will not let them leave until the service is perfect. Very few places are like this.

Yeah one of my ladies joked that I was a perfectionist last week. Like you, I wasn't happy until I was 100% sure her tan was spot on. I'm trying to start as I mean to go on.

Exactly, it's means the world to clients when they know they are paying money to be treated exceptional when they could go elsewhere for better treatment and a crapper tan lol...

It also allows a path for the clients to trust us and know they feel comfortable recommending us to family and friends for treatment as well as excellent service.

Lol my customer service was tested last night when my client showed up with gym clothes on and no other clothes for a spray tan and I had to give her my loose maxi dress she couldn't stop going on about how great I am lol...

The things we do when we care... :D:D:D:p:p:p:p

Latest posts

Back