New to the industry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey lovely ladies!

So I'm taking the leap and learning new skills while on maternity leave. I'm currently a teacher but want a complete change to make a better life (more work life balance) for my new family.
I'm currently doing the nail harmony complete course and loving it.
The thing is I can't decide - mobile or salon based? Which do you find best? And how do you get new clients? Word of mouth has been my way so far but really wanting to make this work full time so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks guys

Hiya,

Aww good for you! I am in the same kind of boat (minus the new baby on way) lol. however I think what might be a good plan for you similar to what I am going to be doing is have a set place in a nail boutique or have your own room/chair in a fun trendy hairdressers that way you can get clients that are having hair done, walking by, word of mouth etc... it is a win win for both there business and yours. that way you can get regular clients and eventually set up your own beauty room at home or do mobile work.

But i think starting even if it is for 1-1 days a week in a client based business thats how you get your business up and running. also have business cards at the ready :)

Hope this helps, I thought I would reply as I have been thinking the same & love to receive and give advice x

Thank you so much for your reply.

It's all so daunting (and exciting) ~ a complete career change at 34! I just know that this make me so much happier.

I've been offered a rent a table in a salon but she said ideally I should have some clients all ready so I'm not wasting my time and money but I'm of the same opinion as you . . . Get in there and be seen.

I might give it a go a day a week and see how I get on.

How long have you been in the business? Hope it's going well for you?

Kel xx

Thank you josie :)

I'm really excited about the change but also very nervous. Really want to make it work. It's hard to know what services to offer and the prices to charge to be competitive but not cheap!

Xx

Latest posts

Back