New to this site - Essential Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oni

Reaction score
Hi can anyone let me know if they have done the essential nails home course or heard of it?
I used to be a nursery nurse and now i am 30 i am looking to retrain,as a nail technician.
I need a home course because i have children.
Eventually i would like to work from home or mobile once i have completed the manicure and pedicure course.
Also is manicure and pedicure popular with customers?
Any helpful advice would be great.

Hi I just started the essential nails spa manicure and pedicure course and I'm enjoying it so far found the course isn't 2 expensive for all the products u get and covers theory and practical side as well x

Thanks i think i will just go for it and book with essential nails, need to start from somewhere.
I want to start working from home anyway so i will have gained experience on people by the time i work in a salon.

Thanks i think i just go for it i need to start somewhere.

There are a few of us doing en courses. We have a group you can join in too. I'm doing the acrylic course ATM and hopefully sending off my cards in the next couple months.

Thanks i would like to join your group. I am hoping to order my course in manicure and pedicure soon.
As i got told by salons i have phone to get advice that i need to do mani and ped course then go on to do acrylic.

That's me done my 2 manicures on my friends and they are happy with what I have done just need to keep practicing. Have ordered ur course yet? X

That's me done my 2 manicures on my friends and they are happy with what I have done just need to keep practicing. Have ordered ur course yet? X

No not ordered my course yet i don't get paid until the 7 June. I cant wait to get it so i can start.
Are you looking to work from home, mobile or work in a salon?

I'm just working from home and going to friends and family's house not sure what I'm planning to do when I complete the course what about u? X

I'm just working from home and going to friends and family's house not sure what I'm planning to do when I complete the course what about u? X

I am thinking of working from home and mobile locally as i don't drive, but sandy is a small town to go mobile so walking to peoples homes will be ok.
But mostly i would be working from home.
Maybe when my children are older i would look to work in a salon, but i haven't had good feedback from salons when i asked for advice.
They said that i would struggle getting a job in a salon doing a home course because i wouldn't be getting the experience like you would from college ie a tutor to watch what you are doing and practicing on other students instead of a hand trainer.
But i think if i build up my own clients from home then i would be getting experience.

Yeah I would say I'm not interested in working in a salon would rather do mobile and from home i feel u would get on any better doing at college etc because really its just down to practise. Are u planning to do acrylics after? X

Yeah I would say I'm not interested in working in a salon would rather do mobile and from home i feel u would get on any better doing at college etc because really its just down to practise. Are u planning to do acrylics after? X

Yeah i do want to do acrylics after i have finished the medi and pedi course.
I feel doing acrylic will bring in more clients in,not sure if manicure is very popular however there is a new shellac polish out which i heard is popular and therefore people are asking more for manicures.
Do you know if you need to go on a training course to apply shellac ? i know what it involves using a lamp etc

I think u can do courses on Shellac google it for ur area it's prob just a one day course there is loads of different kinds of gels etc and theb there is minx the lists are endless really. I not sure what I'm going to do next not really in to acrylics as I feel they are hard on ur natural nail so would rather go for the kinder option x

I think u can do courses on Shellac google it for ur area it's prob just a one day course there is loads of different kinds of gels etc and theb there is minx the lists are endless really. I not sure what I'm going to do next not really in to acrylics as I feel they are hard on ur natural nail so would rather go for the kinder option x

I have heard gel is kinder, i think i we probably keep to mani and pedi for a little while and introduce shellac products and see what clients i get.

It's good time of year for it anyway cause everyone wants sandals on x

Latest posts

Back