New zealand geeks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiger-lily

Reaction score
Hey, im moving to new zealand very soon, 2 quick questions -

1. roughly what do you self-employed new zealand geeks make per year? is it alot in comparison to other jobs over there?

in scotland, you can make a lot if your self employed and busy, im wondering if its gonna be the same over there

2. where do you get your insurance?

im moving to auckland and hoping to buy myself a little salon :)

1. roughly what do you self-employed new zealand geeks make per year? is it alot in comparison to other jobs over there?

Totally depends on the amount of work you put in...like any place I suppose

in scotland, you can make a lot if your self employed and busy, im wondering if its gonna be the same over there

Very good question, best bet is to contact The New Zealand Association of Registered Beauty Therapists, Inc. they should be able to help.

Hope this helps

Hi
I am a Kiwi and I had a salon in NZ just over 10 years ago north of Auckland. The population is only just over 1 million so one of the most important things is to set up in an area where there is a good disposable income, where of course, there are already many, very good salons in existence. I would strongly suggest working for a salon/clinic first to get the lay of the land where you are planning on setting up before making the investment. Of course there is also Mobile but once again, there are already a lot of therapists doing this. Good luck!

Good luck with this-I'm hoping to move to Australia soon and do a similar thing :)

x

Latest posts

Back