Newbie Eyelash Extensioners-Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Confuscious

Reaction score
Hey everyone
Im coming over to the UK for some short beauty courses.
Although I have sifted through countless posts I find myself at square 1 therefore I thought I coud take help from recent graduates of eyelash extensions. Im really interested in doing this course but with the amount of companies around Im still confused abt who to train with. Some eyelash companies offer free training with kits and some schools offer free kits with training. Can anyone tell me anything from recent experience. Also what is the best price/ kit I should be looking for. I dont want to end up getting a kit with lashes which I might not use. :eek:
I ve noticed some companies are being promoted thru their trainers. Also read abt these asian glues being sold, has anyone had any bad experience with reputed companies. I would love it if I could get some help.
Thanks in advance

I cannot reccomend FLIRTIES highly enough, the training was 1-2-1 so not in a classroom with other students working on each other the whole day was spent on me learning. The support afterwards is also really good any questions i know there is always somewhere there to help me.

You can do a search for eyelash extensions or flirties and there will be loads of similar threads.

Other people will probably recommend other companies so its up to you to make the best choice for you and what you want from your training and kit.

The flirties kit is great, I have just started adding to it with other types of lashes now I am more confident with technique. x

I am the head trainer for flirties hun so if you have any questions for me feel free to send me a PM :hug:

hI we were trained by the beauty academy who were excellent trainers, she made the course very interesting and she was very knowledgeable.

We are happy with what we were taught and we also had a practical session, but I recommend you bringing in your own eyelash model, as you don't really wanna spend half your time with your eyes shut!

i am seriously thinking about doing the flirties training ...if you dont mind me asking, what kit did you buy kelshah?
thanks

i bought the student kit if you pm louby lou she will be able to give you prices and tell you where the closest trainer to you is.

The glue is really good and the training is fantastic like i said 121 so all about you learning rather than spending half the time with your eyes closed. xx

the kits that wow supply have everything in them that you need, the student starter kit is great to get started with its exactly that - a starter kit, the salon kit is bigger and obviously costs more and comes with lots more diff lashes in.

You are always going to want to add to your kit so i reccommend the student kit as you can add the lashes as you become more confident with your application and earn more money.

There are many diff people on here all with diff opinions some of whom may have lack of confidence or poor application technique and seem to find it easier to blame either trainer, glue or supplier. You wont be the best to start off with, none of us were i dont think but with alot of practice and alot of patience you will become better and better.

I really believe that 1-2-1 training is the best way especially for lashes and wow is very good at providing the best trainers. Loubylou trained me and I have never had a problem with wow or the trainer, the glue is fantastic and they lashes are good too.

Hope that helps you a little but i really suggest doing a search on here and seeing what others say bearing in mind that they have their own opinions too, there will never be a time that everyone agrees 100%

hia i am using lash perfect at the mo and am considering changing over to flirties do you offer any sample packs i can try before converting?xxxx

i dont know if they have sample kits but if you fancy doing my lashes any time you could use my products and that way you get to try them and i get my lashes done ? x

Send me a pm stating what it is you are wanting samples of and your address and i will see what i can do for you :hug:

hey
thanks for all the info.I got a quote for the Flirties student kit as 375 pounds including training. Isnt that a bit steep where as some copmpanys are selling kits for 100 + 65 pounds for training. That is a big difference or is it?
Sorry guys but realyy would appreciate a bit more advice.

really i think you get what you pay for, like when doing nails you can go to a company that is really cheap and end up having to retrain with a proper nail company paying triple the cost, i have never seen training and kit for £160 also alot of the courses are in a classroom working on one another with 8 students in the class with flirties it is 1 to 1 training and mostly hands on with your model. I personally believe i gained more in the 1 to 1 training than i ever could in a class of other students. This training has left me confident and competant to offer exceptional lashes to my full paying clients. thats just my personal opinion if you do a search you will find others also a kit of £60 is not going to have very much in as if you price up the cost of each item individually you will see how costly a startup kit is.

hey
thanks for all the info.I got a quote for the Flirties student kit as 375 pounds including training. Isnt that a bit steep where as some copmpanys are selling kits for 100 + 65 pounds for training. That is a big difference or is it?

I think if you look at this again in more detail you will more than likely find out that the kit and training for that price is either individual or cluster lashes,
not semi permanent lashes,
they are totally different, hth

hey
I`ve done a bit of research on lash extensions lately. I dont know much about Flirties personally, but 375 for a kit and training doesnt sound steep to me. From what i`ve seen so far i would be cautious of training and a kit at 165.:eek: You do get what you pay for. :)

I got the training+kit quote from Newcastle College. Dont know if they are good though. I do agree that then there could be many many students and one would not get proper training.
Thanks everyone.

Actually 375 doesn't seem bad at all, Marvel are 225 and I thought that was cheap, so if you can do it, I would probably do flirties, I think I will do Marvel first to test the water with my clients and if it goes well I may do the flirtie course, still unsure :eek:

Just to follow up on the thread that I started.
After a lot of deliberation I finally did an Eyelash Extension Course with Hollywood Lashes as it was cost/time effective. Bought the kit and the Trainer came to me. I got a half a day training session and by the end I was pretty much able to do a set. The trainer was quite good although I am disappointed with the kit but I guess Ill just build on it.

Half a day :eek:
wow that's not very long to learn such an intricate treatment, enjoy your practising :hug:

Latest posts

Back