Newbie here from the Midlands, say hello

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow

Wow

Wow

I am loving all the responses! I've read each and every one and can't thank you all enough for 1) making me giggle at my phone screen like a loony... IN PUBLIC! and 2) for making me feel very welcome to Salon Geek.

The diversity of geeks in this thread is just awesome! Glad I started it now and it's so lovely to meet you all (virtually).

Here's some more random facts about me...

- I have a dry sense of humour so I I've sarcasm!

- I can do the splits!

- I have an obsession with Domino's margarita pizza with a hint of red onion

- anything that looks chic/vintage... I'm buying it!

- anything that is a coral or mint colour... I'm busying it.

- my dream is to travel the world taking beautiful photographs of various different cultures :)

- I have no kids and no pets but a lovely partner I've been with for 3 years

- my birthday is on Christmas Day!

and since starting this thread to now, I have cleaned my room, my kitchen, my bathroom, gone for THAT dominos pizza and a drive with the fella and returned to 16 responses to this thread *air punch* I didn't think anyone would notice wee little newbie me over here ha. thanks again all for partaking into randomness.

Wishing you all a crazy summer full of successful business :D

x HelloSORRISO x

Hi I am a newbie to this site too.

5 random facts.
I became a grannie (GILF) at 36!
I burnt down an apartment on holiday once!
I am obsessed with nails and food!
I exercise every day so I can eat more!
I once served Brad Pitt in a pizza place!

Xxx

Here are my 5 random facts
1. A Geordie but moved to North Yorkshire almost two yrs ago.
2. I lived in Tenerife for a few years when I was 18 (40 now)
3. I have a 15 year old daughter
4. Just got engaged last year
5. My friends say I'm ditzy!!!

Oh I can already tell I am going to waste ooooober amounts of time on SG and lose vital hours of sleep for being on this too haha this is already so much fun.

Keep the random facts coming folks, I'm watching tehehe

x HelloSORRISO x

More random facts about me.
I lived in Greece for 4 years.
I'm hoping to move back there.
I'm registered disabled after an accident as a trolly dolly but it's made me a better person.
I have no kids
Very close with my very recent ex despite being in a new relationship
I'm not gonna stop nagging virtues to adopt me.
My friends think I'm bonkers
I'm actually very intelligent and have a sound business mind.
I'm lazy

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

My random facts
1. I can turn my elbows outwards
2. I have 2 boys (2&4) a hubby and a dog named Vinnie
3. I always smudge my damn nails
4. I'm a fellow Brummie (well kind of, more Dudley way)
5. I follow you on Instagram :)

Welcome to your new addiction xx

Hello :)

I'm fairly new here too - salon geek is very very addictive and the wealth of knowledge is amazing!

My random facts:
I'm a social worker
I'm in a community choir
I'm learning to play samba drums
I'm shy which gets mistaken for being a walkover!
I'd love to go to Australia because I liked a quote in a book I read once "it's the furthest away from the UK you can get until you start coming back again"! And no I don't even remember what book it was lol.

xxx

My random facts

Ok ok so I may have been a tiny tad misleading with my OP. I'm it from Birmingham but from near it. 20 minutes away in fact... Ok ok I'm closer to Dudley... in a not so vibrant Wolverhampton... But I say "near Birmingham" all the time... It takes the sting off haha!!

--

Wow so lovely to see newbies connecting with long term Salon Geekers. I feel a little more settled and integrated with you all now.

Just from the little ice-breaker random facts it seems there's so much to learn about everyone. I can already feel some of you have some fab stories to tell, some of you have struggles that you have come through as a soldier, some of you are crackers (which is always a good thing in my world), Some of you will be able to share your expertise and experiences to help move businesses forward and help newbies to the trade.

I look forward to connecting with more of you and learning so much over on here :)

stay in touch folks and keep up with the post xx

x HelloSORRISO x

Ok ok so I may have been a tiny tad misleading with my OP. I'm it from Birmingham but from near it. 20 minutes away in fact... Ok ok I'm closer to Dudley... in a not so vibrant Wolverhampton... But I say "near Birmingham" all the time... It takes the sting off haha!!

--

Wow so lovely to see newbies connecting with long term Salon Geekers. I feel a little more settled and integrated with you all now.

Just from the little ice-breaker random facts it seems there's so much to learn about everyone. I can already feel some of you have some fab stories to tell, some of you have struggles that you have come through as a soldier, some of you are crackers (which is always a good thing in my world), Some of you will be able to share your expertise and experiences to help move businesses forward and help newbies to the trade.

I look forward to connecting with more of you and learning so much over on here :)

stay in touch folks and keep up with the post xx

x HelloSORRISO x

I already know I like you :)
I like the way you introduced yourself to the site and got us all interacting x

Me too! Looking forward to seeing more of your posts Xx

Hi, I'm a newbie here too,
My random facts are :
1) I have 2 teenagers ruling my life!
2) I love, love, love being a beauty therapist ( you get to hear all the gossip!)
3) I rescued a jack Russell cross chiwawa dog 3 years ago (even though I'm no fan of small dogs ) & now he's my best friend!
4) i weight train ( I'm stronger than I look )
5) I've been with my boyfriend 18 years and we've never married!!! ( I'm waiting for him to win the lottery!)
Lisa xx

This thread is so funny!!
1. I got in from work about an ago! (Not very interesting but it's the first thing that came to mind!!)
2. I think I'm invisible when I put my sunglasses on!
3. I like to Hoover my lounge in a very OCD kind of way 😕
4. I have 2 little pink things living in my house (I think they are called daughters!?)
5. I was once in the same Indian restaurant with Madonna & guy Ritchie!! (When they were still together obviously!!)

Welcome aboard!! X

Oh one more thing... I love boiled eggs & soilders!! 😛

----

Me too! Looking forward to seeing more of your posts Xx

Thank you for such a lovely compliment. I'm so overwhelmed at all the responses and so happy my initial message got everyone interacting :) it's lovely to bring people together and in turn you've all made me feel so welcome.

Feels like Salon Geek is going to be endless amounts of fun! escapism from the day to day woes of Wolvie tehehe

xxx

x HelloSORRISO x

Hi, I'm a newbie here too,
My random facts are :
1) I have 2 teenagers ruling my life!
2) I love, love, love being a beauty therapist ( you get to hear all the gossip!)
3) I rescued a jack Russell cross chiwawa dog 3 years ago (even though I'm no fan of small dogs ) & now he's my best friend!
4) i weight train ( I'm stronger than I look )
5) I've been with my boyfriend 18 years and we've never married!!! ( I'm waiting for him to win the lottery!)
Lisa xx

Pahahahaha clever girl! Don't give in till he's won the lotto... Then hire me to do your wedding makeup and wedding photography :p

x HelloSORRISO x

My random facts

Ooooo do something, make yourself noticeable on insta so I get a headsup and follow back. also... I need to see that eyebrow trick! And I'm a Wolverhamptoner in denial... Hence "near Birmingham" will always be the first thing I say harhar xxx

x HelloSORRISO x

I used to live next door to dave Gilmore from pink Floyd and still see him when I'm in Greece.
I can make a clover shape with my tongue
I've been arrested more times than I care to remember but only charged once (job related on the doors)
My nose has been broken that many times the bottom bit is no longer attached to the top lol

I'm so random there will be more :) x

Here's a few more about me...

Had a bit if a Cinderella story as a teenager
Was friends with my husband for 2 years before we started dating
Never been on a plane until I was 19
There is horrible mustard coloured carpet in the house we bought

And I'm always on here late at night when I should be sleeping!

Ok if we can do more..,
I'm a massive football fan and my team are in the play offs tonight. Nervous!
I am a recent insomniac, 5am today
My boss is attractive but no wonder he's single. Worst advert for men I've ever known.
My hair is natural platinum blonde and my hairdresser is amazing. I'd freak if she disappeared, my hair gets me compliments all the time.
I've had a few road accidents and 3rd march is a common day for them to happen
I have thyroid disease grrr

Latest posts

Back