Newbie nail technician

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabbz

Reaction score
Hi lovely people,

I’ve finally bitten the bullet after 15 years of doing nail art as a hobby to do a course on Gel nails and manicure. I can choose from ORLY or IBD kits, which would you suggest. This course will get me the qualification and enable me to start straight away and slowly I’ll do more courses to fine tune my technique.

I had a baby last year, so am looking to do this to fit around him. So will be a mobile nail technician.

My question to you all is what equipment should I be looking at getting in order to get started?

Thank you
Sabryna

I have never used either and so I cannot recommend on either brand but I wanted to congratulate you on choosing a career path that excites you. You will be taught all about what equipment you will need for the actual service but if you are going to be mobile then I would suggest you make sure you have a good travel friendly lamp. The lighting can be poor in some peoples homes, a mobile nail desk and fold up stool, just in case. Your posture is the most important thing, some people don't have a table to work from, an extension cable, and then of course your towels etc.

Hope this helps a little and good luck x

Morning,

Thank you so much for your kind words and suggestions.

I will certainly look into all of the above.

I am quite excited about starting and seeing how it goes. I just hope I can manage to get it going.

Thank you again.

Yes, congratulations! I did the same (without having a baby thou) and it was one of the best things I have EVER done!

I haven't tried using either of those, but removing Orly Gel is a lot of work. I've had clients who told me that the tech who painted thier nails with it to apologise to me!

Have fun X

Hi Jen,

Amazing. I was probably going to go with IBD as their colour range is great and yes, a fair bit cheaper.

I’m quite excited

Latest posts

Back