Newbie Nouveau lash

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrstiggles

Reaction score
hello all, i have just completed my nouveau lash training. i was wondering if anyone can give me any tips on templates? as i just seem to be sticking them anywhere (I'm still at practising stage)
Also i bought a silicon lash pad. didn't get these in my training. i find sitting the eyelashes on these better than on tape on my hand. Would anyone recommend buying a few more of these and possibly putting the number of eyelash sizes on them. I would be greatly appreciated advice on the above or any advice that you find has helped.
thanks so much vicky

hi vicky, i didnt get any templates when i trained so i cant help u there but just try to think about how a gorgeous eyelashes look, longer on the outer corner move along and go 2mm down in length etc etc an example of how i do themon somebody who would want quite a full look is 14mm, 12mm, 10mm and a few 8 or 9mm on the inner corner, its important that u blend thou as u go along from length to length make sure that u mix a few in, say 14mm on outer corner to maybe a third across then start mixing 12mm in with the 14mm so that when it ais at centre eye u just have a few 14's by that point if u get me? u can always go round other side of the bed and look from the other angle to make sure your even, best way is to do 1lash then do the other eye 1 lash in same place then u kno your always working even.
Also u need to look at the client eye b4 u start get them to look at u straight on, eg somebody with deep set or hooded eyes may need longer most of the way across otherwise u wont see them. i just wish i could draw a pic on the computer haha,
also i use silocone lash pads when i#m using mink strip lashes but i pull them off the sticky stripand let them fall on to the lash pad that way they all seem to flop over a little bit making pick up easier
hope this helps x

thank you so much for that. that does help. i just need to go and practise loads now. Can you tell me how long did it take you after doing your training until you were up to the level of taking paying clients? xx

Different eye shapes suit different shapes.
Putting longer lashes on the outer edge will give that cat eye look but some people want a natural but fuller look.
For this i would do smaller ones from the outer edge. So i would do 10,12,10 and 8.
Experiment a bit and take some before and after pictures :)

Latest posts

Back