Newbie to acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AprilKate

Reaction score
Hi so I am training in house at my hair salon, and just wanted some constructive criticism on the acrylics I've already done
One of the photos I did the acrylics on myself so I no they are not the best
Any advise much appreciated :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397464892.239891.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397464899.190716.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397464911.425107.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397464937.361354.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397464989.198867.jpg
These were my first ever set but once she put nail varnish on they didn't look that good! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397465028.332293.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397465042.137115.jpg

Hi so I am training in house at my hair salon, and just wanted some constructive criticism on the acrylics I've already done
One of the photos I did the acrylics on myself so I no they are not the best
Any advise much appreciated :)

Hi Hun I'm currently training too at college in sculpted acrylic ... The reverse method is great worth a look into! Young nails on u tube do a lot of training video Greg salo who does them is fantastic at explaining x x

I've heard lots about this reverse method but have no idea what it is lol
I will google it thanks x

I've heard lots about this reverse method but have no idea what it is lol
I will google it thanks x

It's fantastic and creates the perfect smile line x

I stick on tips so sometimes just use the clear acrylic?

I stick on tips so sometimes just use the clear acrylic?

I use clear also when they want a gel polish over lay but sculpt that also ! I know a lot use tips I just prefer too sculpt ! Think you will find on here Hun everyone has different advice as some top n some sculpt x x

View attachment 62017
These were my first ever set but once she put nail varnish on they didn't look that good! View attachment 62018View attachment 62019

One of the passing marks on my final exam for acrylics was bright red nail polish completely matte and if it isn't flawless they fail you. So you have to keep going until they are perfect. Practice, a lot! Use your brush to "file/buff" rather than relying on filing at the end. Believe me it takes set after set and sometimes years to get them to look smashing AND to last ;)

A girl had PMed me inquiring on how I do my acrylics and the secret to making them last. So I took a couple of pics of the steps of what they need to look like. If people can tell they are fake then you need more practice.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1397486865351.jpg
    1397486865351.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 100
Very nice!!!! I take it you only use a small amount of acrylic?

Latest posts

Back