Newbie to eyelash extensions - really need some help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissKJ90

Reaction score
Hi all, I have recently passed an individual eyelash extension course, and when we did our practical I thought I was really getting the hang of it, I was able to isolate the clients lash quickly, and get the extension in the right place.. thought it was all going to be amazing afterwards!

However I have recently started doing a number of full sets.. but these are looking really spidery and bland - not full and fluffy at all!! I've looked through each set once complete, and it looks as though i've been able to get all the clients natural lashes, but they still look so amateur.

I asked someone I know who does eyelash extensions for advice on how to make a classic set look more 'fuller' and she said she was trained to apply false lashes onto the other false lashes to 'build them up'. But after I tried doing this the lashes just looked clumpy and thick rather than full and natural - you could see the glue build up.

I have a client end of this week who has some missing lashes in areas, due to cluster lashes making them full out - how can I fill in the 'bald' gaps without making the lashes look ridiculous!?? I am currently using Lash FX 0.20 J, C and B curls depending on lashes, and lengths etc. Please can someone help! I have attached a photo of my recent full set that just looked so separated!

Attachments

• 19059368_1347180222004074_874910155585852165_n.jpg
    19059368_1347180222004074_874910155585852165_n.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 124
Hi Hun, I use 0.15. I don't use any thicker than this. Have a look into flat lashes, they have a slightly different shaped base so they look thicker but are actually lighter. Keep your lengths shorter, I usually start on 8 on the inner then usually go up to an 11 (sometimes a 12 if they have very strong lashes) but I find the longer the lashes the more spidery they look.
Also try some 0.12 on the smaller baby lashes so every Lash is lashes. These little lashes are often too short for a 0.20 or 0.15 but can hold a lighter lash :)
I also go through my sets once I've applied the strong lashes and apply some 10mm throughout the longer lengths to film them out xx
Hope that helps xx

Hi Hun, I use 0.15. I don't use any thicker than this. Have a look into flat lashes, they have a slightly different shaped base so they look thicker but are actually lighter. Keep your lengths shorter, I usually start on 8 on the inner then usually go up to an 11 (sometimes a 12 if they have very strong lashes) but I find the longer the lashes the more spidery they look.
Also try some 0.12 on the smaller baby lashes so every Lash is lashes. These little lashes are often too short for a 0.20 or 0.15 but can hold a lighter lash :)
I also go through my sets once I've applied the strong lashes and apply some 10mm throughout the longer lengths to film them out xx
Hope that helps xx

Thank you so much Hun for your advice. I've just ordered some thinner lashes so hopefully they help me out more, surprisingly the length in the picture are 9s and 11s, she had quite long lashes anyway but I used 9s on the inners and went onto 11s for the rest. So when u say u go through them once uve applied a full set, and apply some 10mm throughout, do u mean u glue these on to the side of the other false lash? Xxx

No Hun I go through the area where I've applied the longest so usually 11s and add in some 10mm to lashes I've missed or which are a bit too short to hold a 11mm. I just find this way they fill them out a bit xx

There's a really good website by Rachel Bridges called Lessons in Lash artistry. You have to pay a one off payment to join. But it's like my lash bible, it's full of video tutorials and thoroughly explains everything you need to know about lashing and has a Facebook group you can join. I'd highly recommend it :) xx it teaches you advanced ways to do classics too where you apply more than one Lash per natural Lash

That's perfect thank you so much makes sense! I have heard that putting shorter ones in between makes a lot of difference. I will definitely sign up to that I love a good tutorial to watch lol stil so new at this it's so daunting ! Hopefully will get the hang of things soon. Thanks again for ur advice! Xxx

Latest posts

Back