Newbie training in acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candy86

Candy
Reaction score
Hi all I feel really disheartened today I'm training in VTCT nail services I'm happy with hard gel enhancements but today I had a lady round for acrylics they took about 3 hours to do and I still wasn't happy with the finished product I don't know if I'm applying the acrylic too thick at the tip I just feel disheartened. She said she was happy with them but I could tell she was getting annoyed with me because of the time issue even tho I pre warned it would take a whole because I'm still learning. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397852188.826595.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397852197.179580.jpg

Hi, your pics aren't very clear but what I can see they look good. I'm still training myself and still taking 3 hours to complete a full set too, which I did ask on here if this was the norm and everyone assured me it was! X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for replying I was just worried I thought OMG what am I doing wrong I guess it's just getting used to it but gels never take this long lol

Thanks for replying I was just worried I thought OMG what am I doing wrong I guess it's just getting used to it but gels never take this long lol

Ur not bad ! And ur time is fine. After a few sets you will see how to speed up. It's all in practice! The better you get the less you need to shape after application.

Well done though they look cute I like the pink 💖💖

Beauty at your finger tips!

The thing is, if you rush them you won't do such a good job and then they might not last, as well as not looking so good, and she would be even less happy about that.

I used to take a good 2.5 hours, and you've done glitter tips too, lovely colour! xx

Thanks everyone I was just starting to panic when she started to keep looking at the time I was like I know it's taken a long time but I am only training I just need to practice and work on my application really knocks your confidence when people think it should take 45 mins for acrylics what's the normal time it takes ? Just so I know what goal I need to work towards

Thanks everyone I was just starting to panic when she started to keep looking at the time I was like I know it's taken a long time but I am only training I just need to practice and work on my application really knocks your confidence when people think it should take 45 mins for acrylics what's the normal time it takes ? Just so I know what goal I need to work towards

I take 1 hour for white tips, 1 hour 15 for everything else. I think alot of people take 1 hour 30 mins.

Laura xx

Thanks now I know what time scales I can work towards :)

Latest posts

Back